how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
tanjin said:
I should really be doing some of that. I'll try and get in at leas 3 hours of math today :D
Lol, what a coincidence, i wanted to do some maths today as well. So far I have just been stuck on Youtube watching the makers of "Loose Change" debate their documentary about 9/11 against "officials". Its so interesting, and the "officials" don't really back up much of what they say with solid evidence, its all wishy washy stuff.

priorpeter

HSC
starrysky said:
:D We should be so proud of ourselves, we've done a tremendously remarkable job of ensuring that Mathematics farts in our faces whenever we attempt a problem.

lol, beautifully put!

i feel precisely the same.

G

gaoOO

noir. said:
There are definately people out there who do very little, and still get away with achieving brilliant marks. i understand that there are many who claim to do no study, but in fact do plenty. It just annoys me how those who do nothing can still do better than those who do something.
there are a lot of people like that, and i know that i for one, often have marks that don't correlate with the amount of effort i put in. Eg, i wrote half my english essay for one of my advanced modules in the morning and then somehow, i fluked a 19/20. That said, i wouldn't mind shaking their hand either if they don't flaunt about their intelligence and make you feel dumb for having spent 3 hours trying to learn something they mastered in 10 minutes.

i've done a grand total of 1 hour study today, after a very decent 4 and a half yesterday :) (pats own back)

Itchy.Nox

HSC
gaoOO said:
there are a lot of people like that, and i know that i for one, often have marks that don't correlate with the amount of effort i put in. Eg, i wrote half my english essay for one of my advanced modules in the morning and then somehow, i fluked a 19/20. That said, i wouldn't mind shaking their hand either if they don't flaunt about their intelligence and make you feel dumb for having spent 3 hours trying to learn something they mastered in 10 minutes.

i've done a grand total of 1 hour study today, after a very decent 4 and a half yesterday :) (pats own back)

Hi 5!

If i go to bed at about 11 tonight, that will give me 10 hours left in my day, 4 will be at a party tonight, another 4 will just disspear without fail, 2 will be crap study.

The art of organisation :)

I wrote every essay in my trial from scratch, 17/20, 16/20 etc.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shrikar said:
Lol, what a coincidence, i wanted to do some maths today as well. So far I have just been stuck on Youtube watching the makers of "Loose Change" debate their documentary about 9/11 against "officials". Its so interesting, and the "officials" don't really back up much of what they say with solid evidence, its all wishy washy stuff.
Well my chances of studying math has been ruined. My net stopped working a few hours back - i spent an hr (unsuccessfully) trying to fix it - couldnt, had a shower and started to sit down for some math but then i fixed the problem and here i am. Im going to have lunch in a while - hopefully i can do some math after that. :)

samuel slack

HSC
gaoOO said:
That said, i wouldn't mind shaking their hand either if they don't flaunt about their intelligence and make you feel dumb for having spent 3 hours trying to learn something they mastered in 10 minutes.
Yeah, I hate smart people who rub it in. Nothing worse. Absolutely nothing. But if someone just goes well because they're naturally smart then good on them. Some people are just like that. I mean, I could probably not study for a couple of topics and pull band 5s (but im talking easy subjects like ancient or business lol)... but then whats the point of going to year 12 and not trying your hardest? I want to know that when I leave that exam room I've left my best work in there.

And btw, how do you go to a party after having studied? It defeats the purpose doesn't it?? If i went to a party tonight, I would forget everything that I've learnt, then, I would lose all tommorrow studying with a hangover. Maybe thats just me, and my alcoholic tendencies...

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
tanjin said:
Well my chances of studying math has been ruined. My net stopped working a few hours back - i spent an hr (unsuccessfully) trying to fix it - couldnt, had a shower and started to sit down for some math but then i fixed the problem and here i am. Im going to have lunch in a while - hopefully i can do some math after that. :)
Why'd you need the net fixed to do maths? lol.

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
i've done 2.5hrs study so far and achieved my goal for today already. so proud of myself :)

however in order to start studying i had to give my internet cords (dial up) to mum to hide :( then she went to work and wouldn't tell me where they were! but she smsed me where they were an hour later.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shrikar said:
Why'd you need the computer fixed to do maths? lol.
I didn't need it to be fixed - i just wanted it to be, because i would have liked to bludge on it rather than doing math. :)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Kujah II said:
^Never knew of that - I heard girls can get extra points if they decide to do some engineering course in uni?

You got unbanned earlier than me :(
i know there's a scholarship for girls who want to do engineering and i think it's at UNSW
oh well applications have probably closed now for anyone interested

i do around 6-10 hrs.... i dunno how i just do stuff whenever i feel like it with breaks of course :D

samuel slack

HSC
Thats solid ahen. I've done 5.5, 2, 4.5, 2 and around 4 hours respectively for each day this week. Better than nothing I suppose.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahen said:
i do around 6-10 hrs.... i dunno how i just do stuff whenever i feel like it with breaks of course :D
Bitch :eek:

samuel slack said:
Thats solid ahen. I've done 5.5, 2, 4.5, 2 and around 4 hours respectively for each day this week. Better than nothing I suppose.
True :)

jirwin

HSC
more than me. i did nothing on monday (was sick)
so
tuesday - an hour of pointless study
wednesday - 15-20min
thursday - 2hr
friday - so far 2hr 35min

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
jirwin said:
more than me. i did nothing on monday (was sick)
so
tuesday - an hour of pointless study
wednesday - 15-20min
thursday - 2hr
friday - so far 2hr 35min
Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - 2hours
Wednesday - 30 minutes
Thursday - 0
Friday - So far 0

:D I <3 the HSC :mad1:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
tanjin said:
I didn't need it to be fixed - i just wanted it to be, because i would have liked to bludge on it rather than doing math. :)
Nice.

williams180

HSC
ahen said:
i know there's a scholarship for girls who want to do engineering and i think it's at UNSW
oh well applications have probably closed now for anyone interested

wat a absolute joke that is

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
supposed to be doing an essay.
oh well.
you guys are more interesting than emma/clueless anyway ^^
LOL, that would be right :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Without Wings said:
stop using this thread as a procrastination tool and go study guys!

(or to the beach, because its a perfect day for that)
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)