how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrysky

HSC
I've only done around four hours of study a day so far. So far it's been four hours of Business Studies, and I finished my notes, so I might do a light bit of Mathematics to get me rolling along and in the groove or something.

morganforrest

HSC
it varies really.....been doing 6-7 hours for the past couple of days....but so far this morning i've been on BOS instead of AOS

lol...see what i did there!!! kkthxbai

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
My study hours decrease with every day nearing my first exam.... it'll be negative hours by the start of term 4... TT_TT"

morganforrest said:
it varies really.....been doing 6-7 hours for the past couple of days....but so far this morning i've been on BOS instead of AOS

lol...see what i did there!!! kkthxbai
lol..... icwotudidthar... :uhhuh:

starrysky

HSC
Lol Jess. Awwh. You'll be fine. You have us Paradox kiddies to motivate you and suchlike. <3

I think I'll do two hours of Maths today ...

Maybe ...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
Lol Jess. Awwh. You'll be fine. You have us Paradox kiddies to motivate you and suchlike. <3

Maybe ...
I should really be doing some of that. I'll try and get in at leas 3 hours of math today :D

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
starrysky said:

Maybe ...
<3<3... lol.. i'm expecting a pm from WW anyday now, for my excessive amounts of paradoxical spamm :p

And... i'm hoping to spend at least 6 hours on 4U today - 3 hours of study, and 3 hours for a practise test..

starrysky

HSC
*scrabbles for Jess's ambition*

I asked my teacher in Year 10 how I'd do in 3U (I was taking it up in Year 11), and she said I'd cope excellently with 2U (lol wut!) and 3U would be good as well.

A RANK OF 37th/37 DOES NOT EQUAL EXCELLENTLY, you cow.

She dresses extravagently and throws your pens in the bin if you talk while she explains ... anything. Or while she opens her lipstick-smeared mouth at all, really. Cow.

Right. At least two hours of Maths today, then. *writes on hand*

HSC
noir. said:
That's kinda annoying for people who actually dedicate many hours and put in 58789537x effort.
Not directing this to anyone in particular, but seriously, it makes others feel bad
don't worry...most people that say they studied none really did and are just being idiots xD...lol i ask someone how much they studied before an exam and they go OMG NO I DID NOTHING WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!! and we stand outside the testroom doors and they pull out worn hand written notes -.-'

don't beleive it... ^^

starrysky said:
*scrabbles for Jess's ambition*

I asked my teacher in Year 10 how I'd do in 3U (I was taking it up in Year 11), and she said I'd cope excellently with 2U (lol wut!) and 3U would be good as well.

A RANK OF 37th/37 DOES NOT EQUAL EXCELLENTLY, you cow.

She dresses extravagently and throws your pens in the bin if you talk while she explains ... anything. Or while she opens her lipstick-smeared mouth at all, really. Cow.

Right. At least two hours of Maths today, then. *writes on hand*
57/57!! *sobs with starrysky*...hey atleast if that was an exam we'd have aced it :)
-----------------------

um..i am probably doing about 1hr every day or so maybe two...it sorta drabbles though so i sit around for maybe 4hrs but i dont do work most of that time :sleep: ....it sux

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
57/57!! *sobs with starrysky*...hey atleast if that was an exam we'd have aced it :)
:D We should be so proud of ourselves, we've done a tremendously remarkable job of ensuring that Mathematics farts in our faces whenever we attempt a problem.

I've just wasted 12 minutes of my two hours of Math. This is not a bad thing.

No. It isn't.

Not a bad thing at all.

It's crap.

N

noir.

MortImmortelle said:
don't worry...most people that say they studied none really did and are just being idiots xD...lol i ask someone how much they studied before an exam and they go OMG NO I DID NOTHING WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!! and we stand outside the testroom doors and they pull out worn hand written notes -.-'

don't beleive it... ^^
Thankyou for the comfort MortImmortelle, but do allow me to reiterate the point I was attempting to make.

There are definately people out there who do very little, and still get away with achieving brilliant marks. i understand that there are many who claim to do no study, but in fact do plenty. It just annoys me how those who do nothing can still do better than those who do something.

samuel slack

HSC
noir. said:
It just annoys me how those who do nothing can still do better than those who do something.
I dunno. I think that in order for someone to have done well through the year they would have to have done something (or be a child prodigy)... I mean if they spent hours going over their concepts in july, why should they need to study too hard now. But meh, I say if someone's really good enough to wing their exams and get 99+ I want to shake their hand. Cause thats a flukey/genius effort.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Been doing about 7-9 hours a day. But that being said, it doesn't feel as if much has been completed...

N

noir.

samuel slack said:
I dunno. I think that in order for someone to have done well through the year they would have to have done something (or be a child prodigy)... I mean if they spent hours going over their concepts in july, why should they need to study too hard now. But meh, I say if someone's really good enough to wing their exams and get 99+ I want to shake their hand. Cause thats a flukey/genius effort.
So you would shake their hand if they put in minimal effort throughout the entire year, while you slaved away for hours trying to learn a few syllabus dot points, and they still ended up getting a higher UAI than you?
It's a chance that these people aren't infact bright, they're just lucky.

Itchy.Nox

HSC
noir. said:
So you would shake their hand if they put in minimal effort throughout the entire year, while you slaved away for hours trying to learn a few syllabus dot points, and they still ended up getting a higher UAI than you?
It's a chance that these people aren't infact bright, they're just lucky.

Not necessarily.

I'm someone that one might consider lacks effort and such.
But if I need to, i can pull it off.

You have to find how you're mind works and if studying for 9 hours is for you then go for it.
I'll stick with my rest and relaxation, and 3 or so hours of study a day because that suits me.

and i have a good memory :)

N

noir.

Itchy.Nox said:
Your Idea of luck and chance.
I said it was a possibility that people had luck and chance ;)
I do agree however that intelligent people can get away without doing much

[read other thread]

Itchy.Nox

HSC
noir. said:
I said it was a possibility that people had luck and chance ;)
I do agree however that intelligent people can get away without doing much

[read other thread]

So what you're so is that there is a chance that people have chance?
Or lucky they have luck?

I don't think it's lucky some people are naturally intelligent, depends on what life is like growing up. What pushes someone. ]

Other thread?

N

noir.

Itchy.Nox said:
So what you're so is that there is a chance that people have chance?
Or lucky they have luck?

I don't think it's lucky some people are naturally intelligent, depends on what life is like growing up. What pushes someone. ]

Other thread?
I'm saying that everyone has chance and luck. Some just get lucky during the HSC year, either throughout or at certain times.

And I wasn't relating luck to intelligence. I admire those who are intelligent ;)

Other thread = here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)