How much have you grown since yr 11? (1 Viewer)

Have you grown since yr 11?

• Yes

Votes: 52 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Probably (neutral)

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Our yr 11 has officially ended. It's time for a yr 12, aka HSC and I am anticipating a great change.

But that is not the focus of this thread. From this thread, I would like to see you guys' opinions on your growth - academic, mental - rather than physical growth (I know how much you want to talk about that part but meh, I am not interested but if you want to stress that part, feel free to do so).

So, how much have you grown? Or changed? Are you a whole new different person to what you were last year? Or at the beginning of this year?

I will briefly begin with mine. I believe I am a whole different person. There is a big sense of achievement when I do something well and there comes a sense of big dissapointment when I under-perform. This sense of feeling is doubled in magnitude this year. And I wonder how stressful I will get next year. Academically, I have grown significantly. I have seen some decent improvements in all my subjects except Sciences but meh, that always happens now and then.

Mentally? Well, I have become more stressful, so that's a big down-side but I have become stronger in terms of my ability to cope with stress. But as I said earlier, the likelihood of getting burnt out signifcantly rose this year. I cannot help myself when I am burnt out. Hopefully, that doesn't happen with my improved study plan...lol

So what's your story? Any change?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
This reminds me of our AoS Change. God I hate Change.

I haven't really changed much in Year 11.

HSC
N/A
回复: How much have you grown since yr 11?

dont think ive really changed that much...

but with the hsc round the corner and everything about to get a whole lot more serious i reckon change is imminent

but nah, dont think ive changed at all

catherinet

HSC
"Since year 11"???

Well, year 11 has only just finished, so i'll assume that you mean 'during' year 11.

Just a few days ago i was reading over an essay that i wrote at the end of year 10 and it hit me that my academic abilities have improved over the past year alot.
My work ethic, however, has plumeted dramatically!
I have caught myself thinking 'i don't care anymore', wayyy too many times this year, and i am therefore making an effort to improve this for year 12.

Mentally, i am more mature than i used to be.
I was such a mess last year, it was apathetic and stressed constantly.
I have now gotten my act together and i am 'talking more responsibility for the concequences of my decisions'. {quoted directly from my mother} :p

ratcher0071

HSC
Before I didn't really care about marks, grades, but I always tried. In YR 11, I have gotten better in subjects, enjoyed subjects like physics and maths. I have also understood that doing homework isn't everything, you have to practice papers, exams, and make study notes.

I have also gained advice and will enforce these practices in yr 12

P.S. I have grown taller :D

SimonLee13

HSC
Started paying attention in all classes. Grown physically by 2cm. Still the same crappy attitude to work though.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I've grown alot. :)

Physically not so much. Mentally? A crap load.

It's not something as superficial as actually thinking I have to do work for Maths and English now, but rather my actual characteristics and how I percieve the world. It didn't really come cheap though... the stress I was put through at the beginning of the year really sucked.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Academically, I've improved significantly from the beginning of Year 11. For example, my ranking in Advanced English was 39/44, due to one pathetic half yearly exam, in which the 1st section was marked very harshly and the 2nd section wasn't creative enough. I still received A's in my marking criteria though, as I performed highly in my class. But in the final preliminary exam for English, I came 6/44 overall (compare the ranking before). Major improvement, and I hope this is going to be a motivator for others who didn't perform so well in their final preliminary exams. For Chemistry, I jumped from 5th to 1st. For Physics, my ranking is still unknown, but I'm sensing a huge improvement during the HSC. For Biology, my ranking and mark improved from 4th to 2nd (1 mark away from first :angry: ). For Mathematics/Ext, I'm pretty sure I went down, as I left tuition and less practice :(. And finally, for Economics, my ranking was kept consistent throughout the year (top 5). So, academically, I'm quite pleased, and I sense a major improvement in the HSC. I'm probably more disciplined and persistent now as well. Like Nathan (the-derivative) said, I've realised I need to study consistently by reading through my material every single day revising. I've also realised that Mathematics requires a lot of practice if you want to excel in the high 90's. So I'm going to do at least 1 hour a day of Mathematics/Extension, excluding homework. And physically, I'm probably 6 foot now lol. That's all I have to say :).

Last edited:

ratcher0071

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Academically, I've improved significantly from the beginning of Year 11. For example, my ranking in Advanced English was 39/44, due to one pathetic half yearly exam, in which the 1st section was marked very harshly and the 2nd section wasn't creative enough. I still received A's in my marking criteria though, as I performed highly in my class. But in the final preliminary exam for English, I came 6/44 overall (compare the ranking before). Major improvement, and I hope this is going to be a motivator for others who didn't perform so well in their final preliminary exams. For Chemistry, I jumped from 5th to 1st. For Physics, my ranking is still unknown, but I'm sensing a huge improvement during the HSC. For Biology, my ranking and mark improved from 4th to 2nd (1 mark away from first :angry: ). For Mathematics/Ext, I'm pretty sure I went down, as I left tuition and less practice :(. And finally, for Economics, my ranking was kept consistent throughout the year (top 5). So, academically, I'm quite pleased, and I sense a major improvement in the HSC. I'm probably more disciplined and persistent now as well. Like Nathan (the-derivative) said, I've realised I need to study consistently by reading through my material every single day revising. I've also realised that Mathematics requires a lot of practice if you want to excel in the high 90's. So I'm going to do at least 1 hour a day of Mathematics/Extension, excluding homework. And physically, I'm probably foot now lol. That's all I have to say :).
I admire your hard work and determination Exhaust :D . You have motivated me to study harder and try to achieve better in all subjects :D

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
ratcher0071 said:
I admire your hard work and determination Exhaust :D . You have motivated me to study harder and try to achieve better in all subjects :D
Thanks ratcher :). For others whom have improved significantly, please post, as it'll hopefully motivate others to study harder and reach their academic goals.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I sort of improved in English. I was like the bottom 5 people in the first semester to being in the top 5 for the assesment tasks in the second semester but sadly the first semester counts as well.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
kaz1 said:
Well I sort of improved in English. I was like the bottom 5 people in the first semester to being in the top 5 for the assesment tasks in the second semester but sadly the first semester counts as well.
Ah congrats kaz :). Oh well, thankfully it doesn't count :uhoh:

HSC
Academically, i've learnt more this year in english than years 7-10 combined. I've FINALLY learnt what a simile and metaphor is, i've figured out how to write an essay (hardly wrote any essays in junior years) and all this other stuff.

ShaunaJean

HSC
I've grown so much during year 11.

I have learnt that the person I thought I needed the most, is a bitch. I've gotten alot closer to the friends I used to neglect. I've now got more choices, and yea.

I've also improved academically, in a huge way and I've decided where I want to go in life.

Finx

HSC
I had an extremely fast growth spurt in year 9, which I now have stretch marks on my knees as a result.

I transferred schools from year10-year11, so I guess my social attitude's changed a bit.

I think I pay attention a little more in class, but not dramatically.

I still want to be taller though @_@

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Don't feel like much has changed, I am still as lazy as I was in Year 11.

I really need to stop procrastinating. I just don't know how :confused:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
As a person, I think I've changed since the beginning of Yr 11. Height wise, not much at all. :(

kusokc

HSC
wow.. huge changes for me..

grown from a yr10 commence noob ..thinking to know heaps in terms of eco,business..

where i actually finished yr11 economics ,business studies..

shit. .i was so naive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)