How much does the performance of my cohorts matter to my marks? (1 Viewer)

Hopp

HSC
How vital is it for my cohorts to perform well alongside myself?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
The relative gaps in between you and your cohort effect how your "internal exam marks" are distributed.

Generally, just do your best in everything and ensure you get the highest rank in school, so you receive the highest internal mark (and hopefully external as well)

If your cohort is very good, and the gaps are very close together, then everyone gets a higher mark.
If your cohort is very dispersed, and the gaps are "far apart", then there will large gaps in between each respective rank.

I hope that answers your question well enough. I don't want to get into the whole marks system too much, so that's the briefest and most general overview I can provide :p

(note: someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

enoilgam

HSC
How vital is it for my cohorts to perform well alongside myself?
It's a broad question, you want your cohort to have a narrow distribution of internal marks and a strong external performance (this is quite simplified).

braintic

HSC
N/A
In theory, your cohort makes no difference to your results.

In practice, if your are near the top of a weak cohort, there is less of a safety net behind you should you or the other top students suffer from exam-day jitters.

Hopp

HSC
The relative gaps in between you and your cohort effect how your "internal exam marks" are distributed.

Generally, just do your best in everything and ensure you get the highest rank in school, so you receive the highest internal mark (and hopefully external as well)

If your cohort is very good, and the gaps are very close together, then everyone gets a higher mark.
If your cohort is very dispersed, and the gaps are "far apart", then there will large gaps in between each respective rank.

I hope that answers your question well enough. I don't want to get into the whole marks system too much, so that's the briefest and most general overview I can provide :p

(note: someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Thanks heaps! That makes a lot of sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)