How much do Macquarie Uni's ATAR drop by? (1 Viewer)

Memento-mori

HSC
I'm sitting my HSC next year, and the course I'd like to get into requires an ATAR of 85.40 (Arts- Media) and I really don't think I'd get it. So how much do the cut-offs plummet by on the final offers? Have you heard of any instances where the ATARs drop at MQ? If so, what courses and by how much? I hope I'm not being vague and I'm thankful for any answers I get

Last edited:

Memento-mori

HSC
thanks powlmao for your answer. I think school leavers see whether or not we get offers in January. Doubt I can get 85.40, but hopefully mq is pretty flexible so I can transfer or expand my studies. Hopefully by having Arts- Media/ Bachelor of Arts majoring in Philosphy/ German Studies as my first preference by September I'm successful.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Is there a chance for the ATAR requirement to go lower?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Depends on the degree.

Look at the pdf I posted.

Usually popular degrees will always go up (for final round) less popular degrees will stay steady or decrease.

For example Economics at UNSW is 99.95 for final round (95 for main round)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
There's always a chance that the ATAR requirements may drop. In fact, they did drop last year for many courses, but only marginally.

I'd be hard pressed to find an example where the requirements have plummeted in recent years (I'm not discounting this, I just can't recall).

Have you checked whether you're eligible for any bonus points?

Alternatively, you could just get into the standard Bachelor of Arts (ATAR 75) and major in Media. You'd then be eligible to internally transfer into the Bachelor of Arts-Media degree. To transfer, you need to have completed 12cp worth of units (4 units/subjects worth 3 credit points each). You also need a GPA of 2.5 (which is really easy to get). I think a GPA of 2.5 is the equivalent of getting two passes and two credits in your first semester. Transfer information can be found here.

Memento-mori

HSC
Thanks for the advice about media. My original plan was that if I didn't make it into Arts- Media, I'd just do a major in German Studies and Philosphy, and then find a way to add in Media. But perhaps I'll just do media, communications, etc as well as phil and german, and then up the level on media. That may be more competitive though, (but not law competitive, surely not). About bonus points: I do both English Advanced and Legal, I'm aiming for a band 6 in Legal (3 bonus points to Arts- Media) and Band 5 in English Advanced (2 bonus points to Arts- Media) as well as my social worker is applying to UAC for EAS. Thanks for your help.

enoilgam

HSC
There always is. I made it into law/commerce at MQ in the first round in 2010 even though my ATAR was 1.1 points lower than the cutoff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)