How many teachers/tutors do you think will retire once new curriculum rolls in? (1 Viewer)

Alkanes

HSC
For 2/3 and 4U i believe. I'm still pissed on the fact that they're changing the whole format of the exam. Like i think 3U is going to be out of 70 now and 2 and 4U out of 100. It's going to be hard to estimate raw marks needed for particular bands etc.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The ACT has already started to implement the national curriculum in English, Maths, Science and History I believe but NSW is delaying that implementation now until 2013.

The syllabi are being written for each state based on the national curriculum and for these four subjects they are well advanced.

For the second stage they are about a year behind the first stage roll out.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
The ACT has already started to implement the national curriculum in English, Maths, Science and History I believe but NSW is delaying that implementation now until 2013.

The syllabi are being written for each state based on the national curriculum and for these four subjects they are well advanced.

For the second stage they are about a year behind the first stage roll out.
Any major differences though? I hear there updating history/geo a lot more to make it more relevant to 21st century but what about yr 11/12?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Any major differences though? I hear there updating history/geo a lot more to make it more relevant to 21st century but what about yr 11/12?
Probably will change depending on the subject, I doubt maths will change much (maybe just the layout), I doubt the change will make it harder than current exams/

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
For History we are still waiting for the Senior courses for NSW.

Geography is a year or so behind History in designing the courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)