How many marks can you lose for transcription errors in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I was just wondering, how many marks can you lose for small errors like transcription and wrong signs? I can be really careless sometimes, and I lose most of my marks from small mistakes.

And yes, I know, I should be more careful, etc, etc. But sometimes I just can't help it...

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
My teacher says you dont lose any marks for trascription errors as long as they don't make the question easier.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wow....really, I did not know that.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Caitlin63 said:
My teacher says you dont lose any marks for trascription errors as long as they don't make the question easier.
HSC Maths markers at HSC lectures have told me the same.

parnell8

HSC
i wouldnt be so sure check out the markers notes on the board of studies site from readin it id say that ya do

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You will be penalised for making the error. If you are required to use the result for the next question, then you only get penalised once and not again for using the wrong result.
However, I don't think this applies to questions which require proof. For example, a question asks you to prove a formula in part (i) and use it in part (ii). If you end up with a different formula, you should not use your wrong formula for the next part. You should always use the formula given in the question part (i) for part (ii).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)