How many booklets did you use? (1 Viewer)

How many booklets did you use all together?

• Less than 3

Votes: 23 3.8%

Votes: 318 52.3%

Votes: 156 25.7%

Votes: 70 11.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 41 6.7%

• Total voters

Hysterik

HSC
I used six. My short story was 10 pages. but then again i wrote like this:

BLAST OFF!

Yes, how very postmodern of me.

danieljkim

Atheism is non prophet
HSC
i wrote 6.

but who wrote the most??

id like to knowwww

MrSlav

HSC
yeh 3 booklets and i was writing non-stop for the whole time too lol

xJennax

HSC
I used 4. I wrote 12 pages for the essay lol. The writing at the end of it is sooo messy.

Muchi

HSC
I used 6 all up. It was perfect. 2 booklets for each question. And 32 pages of writing altogether. Surprisingly my hand is perfectly alright. That has never happened before.

xJennax

HSC
Muchi said:
I used 6 all up. It was perfect. 2 booklets for each question. And 32 pages of writing altogether. Surprisingly my hand is perfectly alright. That has never happened before.
WOAH! ;o That's so much lol.

Muchi

HSC
LOL. Well, can I say that my writing gets quite big? Like... it's about 8 words per line normally. As opposed to... more than 8 for some. :D :D

S

sreggin

Clever Chick said:
hey thats cool

i did write it though
i had an advantage my cretaive was one of my Extension 2 stories so i knew it inside and out
n having learnt my essay back to front
i didnt really have to stop and think much
n practicing speed writing is really helpful
two guys in my class actually used to tap bateries to their pens so that when they took them off they would write quicker

its little things like that that make 34 pages
Possible
that and teh determination to get band 6

i wasnt even the person who wrote the most from our school and there are a few people on here who wrote 7 booklets so good on anyone who wrote lots and for those who didnt good on you to
Well I can sure see a memorised essay answering that question well.

MadamGuilia

HSC
Muchi said:
What did you write about!!!! LOL! :p

32 pages of fricken writing, what diiiiid you write about!? I admire you for being such a dang speedy writer :) I didn't have as much to say hehe

MadamGuilia

HSC
krazedrealitii said:
Most people who can write a lot write pretty good quality stuff as well
I agree, it means they have more to say and get more down on the paper to gain greater marks as it can cover more areas. I am a gobbledigooker sometimes :( :rolleyes:

snowconesyum

HSC
hang on how long are all of your booklets?

cos ours were 8 pages long... are you serious that people wrote 6x8 pages!?? with small handwriting? that seems crazy!

suchi29

HSC
5+ WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

sum chik in my grade did.. holy holes

how huge is ur riting :S lol

ahh i used 4.. i went crazy wit section 3.. hope it was worth it XD

timmiitippii

HSC
I wrote 5.5 for story and 6.5 for essay. *these are pages... so 3 booklets* Gee some of u are scary*
I don't think talking about how many pages/booklets ppl wrote is relevant in any way though... unless we fighting over who just killed the environment more =P
How many words u think u wrote is more accurate imo.. since i prepared my story and essay and they fitted perfectly.. it should work out to be approx. 1050 words for story and 1150 for essay.

K i don't mean to upset anyone.. but my English teacher marks eng hsc almost every single year and she has been drilling into our heads since year 11 to not write on the blank page at all...
She said even if u have 1 word left to get a new booklet since nothing on blank pages is allowed to be marked by the markers... Some1 mentioned a legal issue and thats what she said it is.. Something about its not fair to mark part of someone's essay if they wrote it on the blank pages, but allocate no marks watsoever to some1 who writes their points or notes or quotes on blank pages as part of their preparation and brainstorming, so yeh...

Also im not too sure here but some1 also said that they used King Lear as one of their related text? But im pretty sure that ur not allowed to use any prescribed texts as related texts.. something i overheard b4 but not quite sure.

Also i can't remember but was there a limit to how many poems u had to use for physical journey? Also are there consequences for using more than 2 related texts.. since two was in capitals.. lol i used a lecture Skrzynecki gave to our school.. since it was meant to be one of my two.. but we were talking about it in the morning since its hard to be grouped as a "related text" so i pulled a related text i used in the half yearlies and included the lecture as well as my other texts ending with 3...

To be safe i onli named the 2 in my intro...
p.s. never use texts u havnt realli prepared for =P the half yearly text i used i sourced completely wrong = = and i didn't remmerb its publication date so lets hope the marker doesn't notice....

Last edited:

Myaani

HSC
7 booklets!! thats amazing... is your handwriting massive? how many words can you do in 40 minutes?

tpeet

HSC
timmiitippii said:
I wrote 5.5 for story and 6.5 for essay. *these are pages... so 3 booklets* Gee some of u are scary*
I don't think talking about how many pages/booklets ppl wrote is relevant in any way though... unless we fighting over who just killed the environment more =P
How many words u think u wrote is more accurate imo.. since i prepared my story and essay and they fitted perfectly.. it should work out to be approx. 1050 words for story and 1150 for essay.

K i don't mean to upset anyone.. but my English teacher marks eng hsc almost every single year and she has been drilling into our heads since year 11 to not write on the blank page at all...
She said even if u have 1 word left to get a new booklet since nothing on blank pages is allowed to be marked by the markers... Some1 mentioned a legal issue and thats what she said it is.. Something about its not fair to mark part of someone's essay if they wrote it on the blank pages, but allocate no marks watsoever to some1 who writes their points or notes or quotes on blank pages as part of their preparation and brainstorming, so yeh...

Also im not too sure here but some1 also said that they used King Lear as one of their related text? But im pretty sure that ur not allowed to use any prescribed texts as related texts.. something i overheard b4 but not quite sure.

Also i can't remember but was there a limit to how many poems u had to use for physical journey? Also are there consequences for using more than 2 related texts.. since two was in capitals.. lol i used a lecture Skrzynecki gave to our school.. since it was meant to be one of my two.. but we were talking about it in the morning since its hard to be grouped as a "related text" so i pulled a related text i used in the half yearlies and included the lecture as well as my other texts ending with 3...

To be safe i onli named the 2 in my intro...
p.s. never use texts u havnt realli prepared for =P the half yearly text i used i sourced completely wrong = = and i didn't remmerb its publication date so lets hope the marker doesn't notice....
I agree, some ppl are crazy with how many pages they write, lol... :p I just hope the whole 'quality not quantity' rule applies...

U mentioned that using a prescribed text is wrong... We've had it drilled into us that the examiners must consider every text to be a valid text, of course by using a prescribed text the examiner may not appreciate its value as much as a text u have located and interpreted for yourself but they still must consider its value as a valid text.
there is no limit on how many poems u use, just suggestions i.e. 2 = good. by covering more than that u may begin to discuss the text superficially...

Garygaz

HSC
Nah man, you can't use prescribed texts as related material...

respect90

HSC
3. My cousin wrote 40 pages. Can someone please explain to me how that is humanely possible?

respect90

HSC
tpeet said:
I agree, some ppl are crazy with how many pages they write, lol... :p I just hope the whole 'quality not quantity' rule applies...

U mentioned that using a prescribed text is wrong... We've had it drilled into us that the examiners must consider every text to be a valid text, of course by using a prescribed text the examiner may not appreciate its value as much as a text u have located and interpreted for yourself but they still must consider its value as a valid text.
there is no limit on how many poems u use, just suggestions i.e. 2 = good. by covering more than that u may begin to discuss the text superficially...
Yeah my English teacher said that too - she has also marked HSC - about the writing on the blank pages. None of the stuff on blank pages or in the margins get read or counted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)