How many booklets did you use? (1 Viewer)

How many booklets did you use all together?

• Less than 3

Votes: 23 3.8%

Votes: 318 52.3%

Votes: 156 25.7%

Votes: 70 11.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 41 6.7%

• Total voters

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
jacko811 said:
i havent reported any1 mate. im not doing aythig just responding to ure claims. if ppl dont like wat u r saying thats not my fault is it. everyones entitled to their own opinion. im just saying that despite wat u say i think it is very hard to believe that ppl are writing up to 1400 if not more words in like 40 minutes
clesalry if u are typing then fine, but like in the circumstances as i said b4 at that rate or like 34 pages, u are loking at 3.5 mins per page. that is unrealistic, bu hey thats just my opinion
hey thats cool

i did write it though
i had an advantage my cretaive was one of my Extension 2 stories so i knew it inside and out
n having learnt my essay back to front
i didnt really have to stop and think much
n practicing speed writing is really helpful
two guys in my class actually used to tap bateries to their pens so that when they took them off they would write quicker

its little things like that that make 34 pages
Possible
that and teh determination to get band 6

i wasnt even the person who wrote the most from our school and there are a few people on here who wrote 7 booklets so good on anyone who wrote lots and for those who didnt good on you to

carla294

That Girl..
HSC
jackie07 said:
im fully prepared to have the piss taken, after the following statement.
section I- one booklet = 2 1/2 pages
section II- one booklet = 6 pages
section III- one booklet = 8 pages

i am from a small country town. therefore university or money isnt everything to us. I don't think i tanked in section one nor did i kick ass but i was always taught to answer according to mark amount. eg 1 mark= 1 or 2 sentences (get straight to the point). As the marks increase so does the amount but still remaining to get straight to the point. My english teacher is a marker so her advice must be accurate..

That is what i have been told aswell from my teacher who is a marker aswell.
Like has been said before it is quality not quantity. I usually only write the same amount as you but due to rushing and nerves my writing was bigger during the exam which meant i wrote my creative and essay in 10 pages. i just hope the markers see it as quality. Good luck in Paper 2!

P.s. money shouldnt matter in life at all. The more people you lose in life the more you realise money is insignificant and it is the people you spend your life with that matter.

eelsrule1990

HSC
Well I wrote 23 pages all up worked out to be 5 booklets that i used.

9 pages for section 1
5 for creative
9 for essay

I think I did pretty well had 30 mins left to do 1 e) and then i was done so yeah. Remember they are only looking for 15 marks people lol its not that hard to get, my english teacher told us at the marking centre they tell them they expect 6-8 pages for an essay response so if you did this and what you wrote was good I think you would have done well, if you wrote more hopefully you don't bore the markers...

dolbinau

HSC
eelsrule1990 said:
Well I wrote 23 pages all up worked out to be 5 booklets that i used.

9 pages for section 1
5 for creative
9 for essay

I think I did pretty well had 30 mins left to do 1 e) and then i was done so yeah. Remember they are only looking for 15 marks people lol its not that hard to get, my english teacher told us at the marking centre they tell them they expect 6-8 pages for an essay response so if you did this and what you wrote was good I think you would have done well, if you wrote more hopefully you don't bore the markers...
9 pages for section 1? wtf. How many words per line?

eelsrule1990

HSC
dolbinau said:
9 pages for section 1? wtf. How many words per line?
umm i write pretty small probably 8-10 words per line, I did it last and had heaps of time so i put in as many techniques etc. as I could

lucex0x

HSC
jackie07 said:
im fully prepared to have the piss taken, after the following statement.
section I- one booklet = 2 1/2 pages
section II- one booklet = 6 pages
section III- one booklet = 8 pages

i am from a small country town. therefore university or money isnt everything to us. I don't think i tanked in section one nor did i kick ass but i was always taught to answer according to mark amount. eg 1 mark= 1 or 2 sentences (get straight to the point). As the marks increase so does the amount but still remaining to get straight to the point. My english teacher is a marker so her advice must be accurate..
That's a really good way to thin about it. It is very possible to get a great mark only using 3 boolets. On the other hand, I used 3 and didnt completely fill any of them, and certainly don't expect to get a good mark. I'd say about 70% of people in my year got at least 1 extra booklet. At the end they got everyone who had to put their hand up.

jcsmith

HSC
I began writing from the moment we could and only managed three. I'm just a slow writer. I'm really going to be in trouble on Monday.

And They will read everything that's there - unless you cross it out.

I wished I'd put in note form the rest of my ideas - a bit annoyed bout that.

dolbinau

HSC
lucex0x said:
That's a really good way to thin about it. It is very possible to get a great mark only using 3 boolets. On the other hand, I used 3 and didnt completely fill any of them, and certainly don't expect to get a good mark. I'd say about 70% of people in my year got at least 1 extra booklet. At the end they got everyone who had to put their hand up.
I don't think you even need to write 8 pages per section to get 100%. (hence 3 booklets would be enough)

danz90

HSC
dolbinau said:
I don't think you even need to write 8 pages per section to get 100%. (hence 3 booklets would be enough)
i totally agree.
i used only 3 booklets.
and wrote this much:

section 1: 6 pages
section 2: 6 pages
section 3: 8 pages

and i felt quote confident with the answers.. they addressed the questions well..., and dont see why they can't score me as much marks as someone who wrote like 23934634806346 pages. lol

HSC
danz90 said:
i totally agree.
i used only 3 booklets.
and wrote this much:

section 1: 6 pages
section 2: 6 pages
section 3: 8 pages

and i felt quote confident with the answers.. they addressed the questions well..., and dont see why they can't score me as much marks as someone who wrote like 23934634806346 pages. lol
Same as me mate. Amen.

dolbinau

HSC
I don't understand how you guys write 8 pages for section 1.

How much do you write on a 1 mark question, on a 2 mark question? (and so on)

Kalashnikov47

HSC
meh~~~the booklets have 8 pages this yr~~~they used to be 4 pages each i remember

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Section One: 7 pages
Section Two: 16 pages *dies*
Section Three: 10 pages

Haha clearly I spent the most time on section two.
(N.B. section 2 was around 1500 words, of which i had memorised 950-ish, then thought of another 100-ish during last minute cram, and then with at least 400 words added to tie it in with the topic of the curious traveler)

And my writing was (on the most part) average, around 6 words per line.

Last edited:

HSC
I used six altogether- 2 for each BUT my writing is big and i didnt fill them all. Like section one was only one page into the second one.

So yeah, like i said- big writing

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
3 booklets and filled all of them.
Medium sized writing but i guess the old rule applies anyway "quality not quantity."

TurkStyle

HSC
isnt their a certain amount on boared of studies that you should be writing like words an hour?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)