How many accountants does the world really need? (1 Viewer)

stalon001

HSC
N/A
Hi pplz, this might sound a stupid ques? But i m still:bomb: wondering ...
Cheerz

stalon001

HSC
N/A
lol.. i'll try to elaborate it a bit in more genaral ways .
Actually i was just thinking & compraing it with the IT industry--> how low it can go (the situations that would downturn the industry, eventually limiting accountant). Since, we gettin all these sophisticated software/programs everyday wolud'n it have some sort of adverse affect on accountant (except data entry) .

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Most jobs in accounting lie outside the traditional bookkeeping role (which is basically what you mentioned at the software replacing people). Since most businesses use computerised accounting systems nowadays, less manual bookkeeping is required. However, more jobs have been created as a result of this. One of the things I do is to audit any system a business may have that is used to access and change any sort of financial data (for example MYOB). This type of role may not have existed about 10 years ago. There are obviously plenty of auditors as well who check the financial statements and controls of companies. Accounting doesn't just have to be financial. You can do management accounting, forecasting, etc. In other words, if there is ever a down turn in the accounting industry, it probably won't be as bad as the IT downturn.

turtleface

HSC
Yeah I think the only time there would be a downturn in the need for Accountants is when theres a systematic downturn in employment.

Even then, Accounting has a natural hedge lol

Think about it,

when the economy is booming, you need heaps of corporate accountants, auditors, transaction services/corporate finance etc.

when we're in a recession or something, and companies are collapsing and laying off all their workforce, its more work for Insolvency Accountants, Liquidators, Receivers, External Administrators etc.

lol, natural employment hedging

Also with the point of technology making Accountants redundant, I agree with Jasee. The day that technology is sophisticated enough to no longer require Accountants, is the day that we also do not need engineers, lawyers, doctors, scientists and all sorts of other stuff

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
yea.. good point being made; accounting is a hedge itself... lol.. very true there will always be a perpetual damand for accountants.

haha.. so much jokes for accountants tho

these are the best I think :p

-- > Why do accountants make good lovers? They're great with figures.

"There once was a business owner who was interviewing people for a division manager position. He decided to select the individual that could answer the question "how much is 2+2?"

The engineer pulled out his slide rule and shuffled it back and forth, and finally announced, "It lies between 3.98 and 4.02".

The mathematician said, "In two hours I can demonstrate it equals 4 with the following short proof."

The physicist declared, "It's in the magnitude of 1x10^1."

The logician paused for a long while and then said, "This problem is solvable."

The social worker said, "I don't know the answer, but I a glad that we discussed this important question.

The attorney stated, "In the case of Svenson vs. the State, 2+2 was declared to be 4."

The trader asked, "Are you buying or selling?"

The accountant looked at the business owner, then got out of his chair, went to see if anyone was listening at the door and pulled the drapes. Then he returned to the business owner, leaned across the desk and said in a low voice, "What would you like it to be?"

lol.. don't get offended btw if any is hehe

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I still remember the What do accountants use for contraception one... >__>"

In regards to the topic; thanks to the collapses (which ironically were the fault of certain dodgy accountants), there's now a bazillion more new accounting jobs being created. All the AIFRS stuff and compliance work, not to mention int'l reporting and compliance with SARBOX and so on... the work never ends!

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
accountants will always be needed YAYY!!! lol

oh yea.. I think its:

What do accountants use for birth control
Their Personality. LOL

turtleface

HSC
What does CPA stand for? Can’t pass Actuarial
What does FCPA stand for? Finally caught pilfering assets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)