How long does your average relationship go for? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Mine is sin(x) for x=0
LOL... you're such a maths nerd dude.

Longest mine would be around 4?

lol but i duno... it gets dull after a period of time... that's why i think it's all this process... it's like go out for a period of time, depending how quick the relationship goes, do all that mushy shit... and then find that it's so fucking boring, and then realise, hey we haven't fucked yet... now lets try that, realise that it's fun, do it a few more times... then get bored of that as well... and realise there's nothing else to try out... then break up :p...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Originally posted by whiterabbit
where do you find all these committed bfs?

*interested*
hey hands off ;)

I dunno, i guess i'm just lucky. the first guy i went out with was a dickhead, or he is now, he wasn't when we were going out. My current boyfriend is really really special and he could be 'the one' (sorry you guys, i'll stop with the vomit inducing stuff in a sec) my parents are full against us going out (HSC, he'll be a distraction blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.) and hes been so good. He doesn't get to see me very often (like once every 4 weeks if we are lucky) but he e-mails me everyday and we talk on the phone everynight (even if it is under the covers) etc.

I guess it really just depends on how much work you are willing to put into a relationship.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by ujuphleg

and hes been so good. He doesn't get to see me very often (like once every 4 weeks if we are lucky) but he e-mails me everyday and we talk on the phone everynight (even if it is under the covers) etc.

I guess it really just depends on how much work you are willing to put into a relationship.
fucken oath! how can you do that? be in a relationship but only see eachother like once a month! That would mean its more of a friendship wouldnt it?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
fucken oath! how can you do that? be in a relationship but only see eachother like once a month! That would mean its more of a friendship wouldnt it?
A relationship is just a friendship with privelages:p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hey hands off ;)

I dunno, i guess i'm just lucky. the first guy i went out with was a dickhead, or he is now, he wasn't when we were going out. My current boyfriend is really really special and he could be 'the one' (sorry you guys, i'll stop with the vomit inducing stuff in a sec) my parents are full against us going out (HSC, he'll be a distraction blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.) and hes been so good. He doesn't get to see me very often (like once every 4 weeks if we are lucky) but he e-mails me everyday and we talk on the phone everynight (even if it is under the covers) etc.

why do you rarely see each other? is it cuz of your rents?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by whiterabbit
yeah! too young to be really committed... my longest is about 3 months?

yay someone agrees with me, we're still young... so unless you wanna get married within the next 10 days, im all for it... else have fun!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
A relationship is just a friendship with privelages:p
exactly my point... they only see eachother like once a month so its a friendship... you need the intimacy for a relationship

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
yeah but when we see each other we hug and kiss and do other stuff.... :D besides we love each other and when the HSC is over, things will (hopefully) go back to normal

Originally posted by Orange Juice
why do you rarely see each other? is it cuz of your rents?
yep the rental units are incredibly strict... :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yeah but when we see each other we hug and kiss and do other stuff.... :D besides we love each other and when the HSC is over, things will (hopefully) go back to normal

as if you wouldnt sneak off to see him during school , or after or something!

HSC

i did that in yr 11...
maybe you should tell your parents that you've gotten to a state where you need this relationship, and it has a positive effect on you (unless of course, it doesn't)...
it's a hard step, i know...
but once your parents accept it, it feels so much better...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
well thats the thing, i've tried to tell them that you know, he makes me happy and that is what is really important. they've kinda agreed and just left it, at least they don't nag anymore.

but on the same note, they don't let me see him very often. :(

asha_ramirez

HSC
Aww not seeing your bf sucks dude. As for relationships my longest was 7months when I was 15... with a boy who cheated on me 3 times and then I dumped him.. yay. My shortest is 2 days... I must have been on crack.

With commitment - I'm a one-guy kinda girl, I think it's important to be commited as long as you find the right person, some people who think they have found the person they will 'be with for the rest of their life' with their first partner, I feel happy for you, but at the same time... Experience is a big part of learning, and if you commit yourself to one person when you are so young (by this I mean around 17ish... or something) then you may be denying yourself experiences which would come with being single.

But whatever, people should be happy being happy, and I shouldn't try to make them be pesimistic... (sp?)

asha_ramirez

HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
so how long do you have to go out for before you're "committed"?

haha i need to break up with my bf before then
Only you can know when you're commited hunny.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
so how long do you have to go out for before you're "committed"?

haha i need to break up with my bf before then
lol... i think 6 months or maybe 9 months is fairly commited...

asha_ramirez

HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
lol... i think 6 months or maybe 9 months is fairly commited...
I don't know if its the time that is strictly relative to the commitment factor. But I do agree, about 6 - 9 months would constitute commitment, but at the same time it could happen a lot earlier...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
oh i'm guessing 6 months won't be probable
i would say 9 months is like, long-term no?

yeh i know, but not if i don't think about it.. it's too scary :p
whats wrong with this guy/girl? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)