How is your timetable? (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
AsyLum said:
Onward soldier!
Maybe starting tommorow :p. Im so damn lazy. As i type, im watching frekin joker poker.

ms gtr, we'll see. You gotta have a little faith in me.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Woah woah i think we're moving too fast there ms gtr. Lets slow down, and take time to reflect.

HSC
N/A
I'll be staying up from midnight to 6:30am. Chances are it'll open a little earlier, and I want to make sure I'm online for that :p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Blimey glitterberry, arent you a keen bean? Then again, i did miss out on a subject last semester.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
alexvincent said:
I'm doing an actuarial degree and I have to be at uni every weekday. I think there was no avoiding that because I had lectures everyday. Is that really the case or did I just not manipulate my timetable well enough?
yeah me too, i couldnt find a way of having at least a day off.
are you doing actuarial studies alone, or a double degree?
did you follow the recommended program of study? how many credit points per semester are you doing?
excuse the blunt questions, i just want to know if theres anybody else doing 15 credit points in sem 2

P

pLuvia

onebytwo said:
yeah me too, i couldnt find a way of having at least a day off.
are you doing actuarial studies alone, or a double degree?
did you follow the recommended program of study? how many credit points per semester are you doing?
excuse the blunt questions, i just want to know if theres anybody else doing 15 credit points in sem 2
I followed the study plan for Acst/Maths, and yes 15 cr for 2nd semester

I contacted the support service for enrolling in my units and they said (for me) I can't enrol in ACST211 since I don't have a GPA yet, and the prerequisite is a GPA of 2 and they said to enrol in other units until the end of 1st semester

But do we have to enrol in our classes for 2nd semester now? Because when I try to with my 5th subject it says
" 1. You are not permitted to enrol in 'ACST211 Combinatorial Probability Ver 1' as you will exceed the allowable maximum credit points for a study period. "

Last edited by a moderator:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
miss_gtr said:
I'm doing 14.

Why are you doing 15?
i just followed the recommended program of study

pLuvia said:
I contacted the support service for enrolling in my units and they said (for me) I can't enrol in ACST211 since I don't have a GPA yet, and the prerequisite is a GPA of 2 and they said to enrol in other units until the end of 1st semester

But do we have to enrol in our classes for 2nd semester now? Because when I try to with my 5th subject it says
" 1. You are not permitted to enrol in 'ACST211 Combinatorial Probability Ver 1' as you will exceed the allowable maximum credit points for a study period. "
ive encountered the same problem. for me it also says that i need academic approval for doing >14cp in sem2

maybe they just havent entered the academic approval info into the system - cos i remember some guy approving the 15cp on our timetable thingy, and then they photocopied the page

Last edited:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
pLuvia said:
I followed the study plan for Acst/Maths, and yes 15 cr for 2nd semester

Most people follow the recommended program, unless of course they fail to meet the pre-requisite of ACST211 (Cr or above in stat171). Some people, however, do ACST211 in sem2 of second year as they believe that stat272 (studied in sem1 of 2nd year) helps thier chances of passing ACST211 (which is regarded as one of the hardest units in the degree by many people).

P

pLuvia

onebytwo said:
i just followed the recommended program of study

ive encountered the same problem. for me it also says that i need academic approval for doing >14cp in sem2

maybe they just havent entered the academic approval info into the system - cos i remember some guy approving the 15cp on our timetable thingy, and then they photocopied the page
Regarding that problem, I emailed the support service and they said that all the first years are encountering the same problem (having more than 14 credit points for 1st or 2nd semester) but they said they are working on the problem and that we should continually try to enrol in the unit until it works

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
pLuvia said:
Regarding that problem, I emailed the support service and they said that all the first years are encountering the same problem (having more than 14 credit points for 1st or 2nd semester) but they said they are working on the problem and that we should continually try to enrol in the unit until it works
THANKYOU!:)

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
Blimey glitterberry, arent you a keen bean? Then again, i did miss out on a subject last semester.
Actually I think I've changed my mind

MUS205 aside, all my other units are 300-level ones... so minimum of fighty-fighty for classes. mmmmm

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
12 cp per semester this year

Tues, weds, thurs in first semester.

Mon, tues, weds, thurs in second semester.

-P_D

HSC
N/A
^ you're probably doing a "single" degree though :)

I find a lot of the people with the major issues are doing double degrees :/ What's with the double degrees?

P

pLuvia

onebytwo said:
THANKYOU!:)
Hey, I received an email from the support service telling me that you should be able to enrol in the 5th subject, although it doesn't work for me does it work for you or anyone else?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
pLuvia said:
Hey, I received an email from the support service telling me that you should be able to enrol in the 5th subject, although it doesn't work for me does it work for you or anyone else?
maybe they mean that they have added the credit points and so it will work when enrolment opens again?

P

pLuvia

iambored said:
maybe they mean that they have added the credit points and so it will work when enrolment opens again?
When did enrolment close? That's probably what they meant, I'm not sure

MrRock

HSC
I got the worst situation. I changed degrees through UAC so not only did I have to go through the annoying enrolment process like all the 1st years, but estudent doesn't recognise the subjects from my old degree as credit points on my new degree. As a result, I can't enrol in my 200-level subjects that require a minimum number of completed credit points. Still waiting on estudent to fix it (from like 10 days ago) so it looks like i'll be getting the crappy tutorials (hello 8am tute on my day off :( )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)