How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I think the HSC is fun. I just hate the stress of major works. and modern history because i have the most craptastic teacher which means i have to self-teach myself the entire course.

Trev

stix
HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Yeah of course there are, just becuase we are a selective school doesn't mean that we get the best teachers, far from it..... there are plenty of dodgy teachers at my school who you can just hope to avoid them having you.......
I assumed since it was such a highly academic selective school, you would have good teachers. Or would they generally be employed at 'prestigious' private schools?

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Trev said:
I assumed since it was such a highly academic selective school, you would have good teachers. Or would they generally be employed at 'prestigious' private schools?
It would bloody help to have compentant teachers...... but they are heaps of generally good teachers at my school it's just that when you have the same teacher for two years, the craptasticness of the teacher tends to increase exponentially....... I guess that when they actually screen the teachers to get into the school, it's more of a case of do they deserve to work here after years at other dodgy schools.... so some crap teachers do slip through the cracks......

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Sweets said:
I think the HSC is fun. I just hate the stress of major works. and modern history because i have the most craptastic teacher which means i have to self-teach myself the entire course.
Your not the only one with a craptastic teacher for modern......... arggggghh i hate her so much! So i am in the same boat as you, really...... having to rely on self-teaching to progress.......

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i have a craptastic mathematics teacher and eng teacher. meh self-teaching and shitloads of notes would save me. i hope.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
my english teacher lost our whole class's assessments. what more can i say? :D

freaked

HSC
I'm pretty much dieing in Science (because of the teacher) and Design & Tech (because it took me so long to pick a MDP), and in English we have done practically nothing.
I think a lot of people are going to feel as though they aren’t getting the work done fast enough or with enough understanding.
I don’t get why we have to do so much work in such a short amount of time.

ishq

brown?
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
my english teacher lost our whole class's assessments. what more can i say? :D
Our tragic case:

My biology teacher left at the end of last term to go to Queensland. So, she left the day after the last day of term, and took our assessment marks with her(accident or on purpose?) . Now, the school is trying to locate her (unsuccessful so far). They dont want to ask us what we got, knowing we will lie!

We have no assessment mark records. :D

banana_custard

HSC
The work is hard and stressful, especially since we've got our half-yearlys on this week. But at the same time, everyone seems to not realy care about exams, at least not as much as last year - I think that's because we've had teachers revving us up to be stressed for the past few years, so we're kind of over it.

I'm not explaining it very well ;)

banana_custard

HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
It would bloody help to have compentant teachers...... but they are heaps of generally good teachers at my school it's just that when you have the same teacher for two years, the craptasticness of the teacher tends to increase exponentially....... I guess that when they actually screen the teachers to get into the school, it's more of a case of do they deserve to work here after years at other dodgy schools.... so some crap teachers do slip through the cracks......
I'm at a selective, and we have a lot of really crap teachers. I heard that the reasoning was that, since we're selective, we should be able to think for ourselves more - and therefore don't need better teachers. Stupid, I know. But it would explain a lot...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
fakingtheday: and you're a country bumpkin? that means you're entitled to country bumpkin uai points

*SHeLL!*

HSC
country bumkins rock!
most of my year are pretty carefree wen it comes to studying! anyway there are too many distractions for example.... several 18ths...
its been proven in results that if you stress too much then ya wont succeed! so STRESS LESS! :rolleyes:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Just wanted to know How the class of 05 is copping with the nagging teachers and pressure in working towads the HSC
I ignore nagging teachers. I am not feeling any pressure.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
re: teachers and selective schools
the students are selective....the teachers aren't

i'm feeling fucked :(

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
*SHeLL!* said:
country bumkins rock!
most of my year are pretty carefree wen it comes to studying! anyway there are too many distractions for example.... several 18ths...
its been proven in results that if you stress too much then ya wont succeed! so STRESS LESS! :rolleyes:
I second that being a coutry bumkin myself they are the best! Go the bumkins!!!!!!!!!! :D

sarah232

HSC
Totaly Freakin

im a total mess ive got half yearlies coming up and i havent started studyin and the teachers are on my back about that and also cause im a bit behind in modern history and english, i swear im gonna have a mental break down!
but after this term i can half a little break and get on top of things again!

but i cant believe im doing it this year!!! me and my mates were talkin about how odd it is that we are the seniors now! its scarey man!

good luck to everyone with exams coming up

Abbeygale

HSC
glycerine said:
re: teachers and selective schools
the students are selective....the teachers aren't

i'm feeling fucked :(
I've been to both a completely public and a selective high school. There isn't much difference between the teachers, but I have noticed one major advantage of the selective school- a better library. Could have more to do with the fact that my old school was a pimple on the butt of the public education system, but it's still a pleasant change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)