How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
sarah232 said:
im a total mess ive got half yearlies coming up and i havent started studyin and the teachers are on my back about that and also cause im a bit behind in modern history and english, i swear im gonna have a mental break down!
but after this term i can half a little break and get on top of things again!

but i cant believe im doing it this year!!! me and my mates were talkin about how odd it is that we are the seniors now! its scarey man!
I know I felt the same way just a year ago, and it feels really weird when you've finished yr 12 and you're free. It's like "Man, what the hell just happend?..."

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Murf said:
just tackle one at a time:p
easier said than done

i've have half yearlies in about 2-3 weeks and im already stessing - even tho im generally good in all my subs

i dont know how im gonna cope when the hsc actually arrives - probably freak out completely :(

snowblack

bleh
HSC
how did any of u 04ers cope without losing sanity or going on a murderous rampage against the nazi librarians at your school ?...whats the secret...come on, you can tell us ...:D

lala2

Banned
HSC
Does anyone here not have half yearlys? They killed off half yearlys at my school I think two years ago, for all grades. I reckon that's a good and bad thing, cos you won't freak out so much, but then you won't really know what you're good and bad at, so you might not revise as well as you do for the yearlys, when it really counts. You also tend to be more relaxed, and just have that dangerous meh-it's-so-far-off attitude.

But here in Year 12, we've had enough stress cramming everything into this first term, and preparing for assessments so I reckon the half-yearlys being killed off was a good thing.

Good luck to all!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
white_spazzy said:
hsc is the worst idea....is it's sole aim to stress out the students??
i have half yearlys and i am beginning to freak!!
i know this is easier said than done, but try not to freak too much about the 1/2 yearly's, because you trial and HSC exams are easier than the 1/2 yearly's I got 50's in my 1/2 yearly's, 60's in the trials then jumped to 80's in the HSC. It's the stress of the unexpected that makes things seem impossible :D

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i dunno i am just freaking cause i am worried that i wont get my pip (for society and culture) done before the holz nd to get it done i am gonna have to sacrifice some study time to get it done.....

EDIT: i didnt mean my whole pip but my research..lol

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i stress all the time. but the half yearlys are a killer. i've got 2 weeks until half yearlys. how many subjects am i weak at? ALL!!! :(

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Is it me or is my school the only one with some half yearly exams which dont count towards hsc ?
cos english and some other subjects dont get counted towards our hsc mark
><

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
snowblack said:
Is it me or is my school the only one with some half yearly exams which dont count towards hsc ?
cos english and some other subjects dont get counted towards our hsc mark
><
I think everything counts towards the HSC unless its subjects that dont count toward the UAI ie photography, exploring early childhood

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Its weird because physics, english, extension english and some other subjects dont count becasue we have too many assessments or something...something about the ratio of internal/external assessments allowed
"shrugs"

Abbeygale

HSC
snowblack said:
Its weird because physics, english, extension english and some other subjects dont count becasue we have too many assessments or something...something about the ratio of internal/external assessments allowed
"shrugs"
My mid couse exam for History Extension is non assessable too. And because we have so many assesments for English, our mid course is only worth a handful of HSC marks.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
at our school and as it seems many other schools as well, there are too many assessment in english (6 i think) and i am sure they can only count 5...as my teacher explained it...if they were to count our half yearly they would only be taking little parts of marks out and that is just to fiddly. all my other exams count.(sac, ancient,bio,gen maths,legal)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
It may be because English is the core subject in the HSC that there are so many assesments, but wouldn't it be better if they had fewer assesments but of those assesments they have increase the percentage weight. What does everyone think? :confused:

Mahogany

HSC
I think I am suffiently confused by that. As for stress factor, well in my case on a scale from 1 to 10 I would say a 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)