how hard will they mark (1 Viewer)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Arnor said:
the whole of Paper 1 is equal to a module of paper 2 so paper 1 = 25% of marks Paper 2= 75%
I always thought it was 60% modules, 40% AOS.

skotgb

at my school for the trial they gave us AOS/45 and ADV/60, added them together to get mark out of 105 then converted that to a percentage.. so i assumed thats the way the bos does it???

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes. English is a mark out of 105.

45 for the AOS and 60 for the modules.

1 mark in todays paper is worth the same as 1 mark in the modules.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
sammywags said:
when we get our marks back, will we get paper 1 mark out of 45, or will it be an overall english mark out of 105?
I think you just get the scaled percentage.
But i heard you can make a special application to get your raw marks back, but there is a processing fee.

Ashlay

UAI's

so many people seem to be going for 90+ UAIs....isn't it a ranking, and therefore shouldn't it be nearly impossible for so many people to be getting those UAI's?!

superbird

HSC
well for the school certificate i remember i did really crap for the english exam. like my narrative was only a page or so and i didnt know wat a critical response was and only did a page for that.
wen i got my results it showed 85 o_0
Surprised indeeed i was!

moral of story: BOS markers are easy markers!

Narelle

HSC
on second thoughts i guess the exam wasn't that hard... they didnt really ask anything out of the ordinary... even so i think i stuffed it up a bit and could have done better (my own fault)

nice to realise though that AOS isnt worth as much a paper 2 right? (looking at last yr hsc AOS=45, Mod=60)... still got a second chance at least (sorta)

but yeah lets hope that next exam on wed follows suit. Damn them if they ask those ambiguous questions.

here's a thought though... this year was the first year Journey has been tested... could that be why they asked generic based questions?

oh well its done now... keep studying

HSC
N/A
Actually ashlea, I'm wondering it too. The UAI IS a rank, and therefore if we all do really well this year, the people that don't do fantastically-gob-smackingly-good, will probably not do as well as they might have done in previous years...

But keep your hopes up :) We haven't got the UAI yet!

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Well let's just hope that they don't.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
John from the advice line said they will mark the exams as if they are drafts, so minor spelling mistakes and grammatical errors wont be penalised i dont think.

Acid

HSC
I was told that they are weighted 40/60.. .so the AOS paper is 40% and the Paper 2 is 60%.. correct me if i'm wrong...

jono0

Nah, its 50-50 for the two parers (ie equally weighted) which is starnge cos the AoS amounted to only 45% of my school based

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
nah ive been told is AOS - 40 and Modules - 60

sylviem

did any1 find that the fact the creative writing was meant to be imaginative was a bit unfair? all i had 2 do was change my physical journey into a dream but for many ppl i kno they freaked out , wat abt the schools tht did inner and physical not imaginative

Acid

HSC
I don't think it had to be imaginative journey.. just says "A selection of students' imaginative writing".. meaning creative writing..

sylviem

yeh thats what i thought at the beginning, but i just changed it a little in the end anyway just to be safe, but many people in my school changed their physical to imaginative because thats the impression it gave , maybe under the stress of the exam every1 saw the word imaginative and assumed i kno thts what i did

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
jhakka said:
And Sally Morgan, you can do something similar. Damn you for writing a boring, crappy, love-me-love-me-I'm-Aboriginal book!
I empathise.

Fido

i'm with acid... i'm pretty sure it didn't have to ACTUALLY be an imaginative journey, they just mean imaginative as in wehay, look at me, i'm capable of imaginative thought. which essentially means that so long as you didn't copy out a textbook or something you're fine. i swear they wouldnt be mean enough to specify a focus area for a creative writing, esp one the majority of the state didn't do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)