how hard will they mark (1 Viewer)

za

HSC
seeing as though everyone seemingly nailed it

does that mean there gonna mark us a whole lot harder

grimreaper

HSC
I think you'll find that most people on this board nailed it cause its mainly the harder workers that visit here

J

jhakka

It's based on standards and criteria, so if everyone does exactly what they want, everyone gets the marks.

mack

Banned
HSC
Ah well its over now, for ever. Peter Skyrznecki, if youre reading this, you can suck my balls ya prick!

CrashOveride

HSC
You arn't one the hard workers that visit here then, according to GR =p

Farkette

HSC
hmm

maybe. but most likely a fair few of the ppl who think they went alright wont go so well, we've all had that feeling before only to have them quashed when we got the results back and we totally missed it.
but then if on average it was an easier paper, the markers will just have to look harder in order to place all candidates in bands.. meaning those little mistakes and the sections of waffle (with extra cream, sauce, and strawberries. mmm waffle..) at the start when u couldnt think of any juicy meaty shiat, will end up helping those marking ppl discern between everyone.... it all depends on how well you can sound like you know what you're talking about when you dont lol

J

jhakka

mack said:
Ah well its over now, for ever. Peter Skyrznecki, if youre reading this, you can suck my balls ya prick!
And Sally Morgan, you can do something similar. Damn you for writing a boring, crappy, love-me-love-me-I'm-Aboriginal book!

sammywags

HSC
when we get our marks back, will we get paper 1 mark out of 45, or will it be an overall english mark out of 105?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i think they give an overall mark.........but im not too sure...
...........if most people at my school went bad....in which im assuming they did cuz every1 waz complaining, then they hopefully will rank us up!

superbird

HSC
anybody who is interested should check out last years marking criteria for section 1 (avaliable from board of studies).
the marking scheme is very leniate in my opinion, which is a good thing :D

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
za said:
seeing as though everyone seemingly nailed it

does that mean there gonna mark us a whole lot harder
Doubt it, according to minai:
Traditionally, we have been a smart bunch (of people who post their UAI's, the average is always around the 93 mark), and we expect even better this year!

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
neo_o said:
Freedom Of Information.
can we do that? ... im willing to use the statute to my advantage ... o_O

gerardk

explain freedon of information - can i use this scheme to get raw marks for maths??

Arnor

HSC
N/A
the whole of Paper 1 is equal to a module of paper 2 so paper 1 = 25% of marks Paper 2= 75%

za

HSC
when we get our marks back, will we get paper 1 mark out of 45, or will it be an overall english mark out of 105?

its a percentage
all u get is u r scaled assessment mark and ur scaled exam mark

Farkette

HSC
its very informative to have hsc markers as teachers..

you never ever get your real raw mark/score. all the marking ppl look at everything and look at the standards which need to be met in order to place candidates into bands..(like what u see in standards packages).
you may think if u get 90 thats band 6, 80, band 5 etc etc - this is not the case.

head marking people look at papers with their raw scores on them and look and see if they match the standards. so if person x gets 86 but head marker says no, that should be a band 6, they adjust the mark into a 90. they go down the raw marks and adjust them into bands until they find the place where the quality of papers no longer produce the stuff of the band 6 standard.
enter band 5 and the process repeats
and everyone will get their result for english which is the adjusted mark they give you.. makes sense sorta..??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)