• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how hard is it to maintain a distinction/credit average (1 Viewer)

leeam

HSC
in a bachelor of arts, with subjects in journalism, psych, linguistics and indonesian (post year 12). i always study hard, and usually pays off.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Not very, I've maintained an average around 80 with next to no effort besides cramming in the few weeks prior to exams. Of course I get screwed on the subjects that assess everything with assignments, though.

HSC
N/A
leeam said:
in a bachelor of arts, with subjects in journalism, psych, linguistics and indonesian (post year 12). i always study hard, and usually pays off.

I'd think it'd be *ok* in a BA degree. The only thing you have to remember that Uni studying isn't like in the HSC - in the HSC, you're basically just memorising stuff. In Uni, you have to KNOW your stuff.

My only other comment is the age old humanities phrase: "Easy to pass, but hard to get anything higher than a credit". Additionally, some humanities units are just totally screwy and subjective :'( You can get horrible marks, and have no idea why...

Alimoe_KG

HSC
What about in say Commerce and law courses? Is it as subjective?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
melsc said:
:eek: I hope its not too hard with law courses
lol unfortunately i have this sinking feeling that it's not just hard but very hard.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
c average is very easy in law, apparently. it's the d's and hd's that are very hard to get. like my penis.

tempco

HSC
Well, getting a D average in first year Comm @ UNSW isn't hard. Work consistently and you've got it in the bag.

Ranoa

HSC
Yeah exactly right, consistent hard work and you should see yourself some good marks :)

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Pfft...some people make it seem as if maths is so easy because there is always a correct answer. If you do real maths, it's not as simple as 1 + 1 = 2. The correct 'answer' isn't always just a number.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ I'm not saying it is easy, hello I dropped maths. What I am saying is there is never more than one answer and its either right or wrong not in between thus with some explaination you can see why its wrong, whereas with subjective subjects you may never find out why it is wrong

tempco

HSC
melsc said:
^ I'm not saying it is easy, hello I dropped maths. What I am saying is there is never more than one answer and its either right or wrong not in between thus with some explaination you can see why its wrong, whereas with subjective subjects you may never find out why it is wrong
A question with multiple answers is quite common in uni maths I'm assuming, since they did exist in 4U maths. Maths isn't as black and white as most people make it out to be.

Regardless, eco/comm/bus isn't all about maths.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
In your subjects there are about 15 right answers, all netting full marks, so your chance of hitting it randomly is higher ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)