How hard is 2U Math in Year 11/12 compared to math in Year 10? (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Have you tried learning ahead of others, compose essays/creatives, read texts again and again, do analysis, write up stuff for english (i.e. thesis statements), etc?

I think there's more than that to do in the holidays
I also need to relax..in the holidays

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Why would I do even get ahead in english...fk dat. I rather do maths or make notes for my sciences.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Why would I do even get ahead in english...fk dat. I rather do maths or make notes for my sciences.
So then you don't have to do much when you come back to school (english is a very timecomsuming subject)

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
2U maths in year 11 is definitely harder than year 10 maths, but not by such an amount that it's difficult to do decently in it. As long as you consistently practice the skills you're learning, you'll most likely be fine

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
2U maths in year 11 is definitely harder than year 10 maths, but not by such an amount that it's difficult to do decently in it. As long as you consistently practice the skills you're learning, you'll most likely be fine
Obv but it's a bit harder, not that much harder like ppl get scared of calculus at first

RyanT7

HSC
Nah, you need to make the most out of it rather than waste it

Also this saves time during school as it allows you to focus on exam technique, preparation and perfection during school
It always seems that you are always talking about studying and that it consumes your life, how about you just take it a little easier on yourself and realise there is much more things to do in this world.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It always seems that you are always talking about studying and that it consumes your life, how about you just take it a little easier on yourself and realise there is much more things to do in this world.
Yeah that's just me...It's hard to change myself really because I think I take it way too seriously...maybe after my HSC I'll reap the rewards...but for now...It's difficult to change my path

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Yeah that's just me...It's hard to change myself really because I think I take it way too seriously...maybe after my HSC I'll reap the rewards...but for now...It's difficult to change my path
Is this personal growth I see?

Legit feeling proud of you ahahah

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
BTW Rathin considering you are doing 12 units (for yr 12), it's best to focus on english adv, bio, Physics and PDHPE work in the holidays (if it's too much then reduce it to just PDHPE and English advanced. Just my suggestion of things)

fluffchuck

HSC
Relaxing is your main focus in the holidays unless you are doing miserably unwell in a subject or so.
You shouldn't stress out and do 15 hours a day, holidays are allocated to you so you don't burn out and you're able to enjoy life. :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Relaxing is your main focus in the holidays unless you are doing miserably unwell in a subject or so.
You shouldn't stress out and do 15 hours a day, holidays are allocated to you so you don't burn out and you're able to enjoy life. :)
Not for me lol. I need it as a way to get ahead of others and maintain a solid rank. I know heaps of students waste their holidays

I get this feeling though if I don't use my holidays effectively, then I'll regret it big time :(

fluffchuck

HSC
What are your ranks? The person who's ranked 1 in nearly everything in my school usually spends his holidays going out with friends, with probably like 1-2 hours of work a day.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What are your ranks? The person who's ranked 1 in nearly everything in my school usually spends his holidays going out with friends, with probably like 1-2 hours of work a day.
Not the best tbh but even if it was good, I still would be spending most of my holidays studying

The dude at your school who does well knows how to study better than others, for him it's all about quality over quantity

Last edited:

fluffchuck

HSC
Exactly,
Thats why you don't spend 10 hours a day studying, 3-4 hours per day max should be more than sufficient considering you're in prelims. Just don't over study and burn out before term 3 begins, it'll be worse than not studying at all.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Exactly,
Thats why you don't spend 10 hours a day studying, 3-4 hours per day max should be more than sufficient considering you're in prelims. Just don't over study and burn out before term 3 begins, it'll be worse than not studying at all.
Bleh true but I gotta try these things out lol

Only 1 term of prelim remaining, make the most out of the final prelim term before gametime

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Also for subjects like English which swallow up a lot of your time, you'll need to dedicate your holidays to that or else you're going to be falling behind in english

fluffchuck

HSC
Just experiment and see what works,

Since term 1 this year, I've tested what works and what doesn't work for me and have finally found the key steps to take to achieve good results :) This has lead to a dramatic increase in ranks.

Ranks in year 10:
Maths - 10th
Science - 50th
English - 50th
PASS - 20th

Ranks now (after experimentation and implementation):
2u maths - 3th
3u maths - 1st
chem -3rd
bio - 5th
phys - 3rd
pdhpe - 3rd
eng - 1st

And to top this all off, I have never studied for more than 8 hours in one day, to me this seems too insane.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Just experiment and see what works,

Since term 1 this year, I've tested what works and what doesn't work for me and have finally found the key steps to take to achieve good results :) This has lead to a dramatic increase in ranks.

Ranks in year 10:
Maths - 10th
Science - 50th
English - 50th
PASS - 20th

Ranks now (after experimentation and implementation):
2u maths - 3th
3u maths - 1st
chem -3rd
bio - 5th
phys - 3rd
pdhpe - 3rd
eng - 1st

And to top this all off, I have never studied for more than 8 hours in one day, to me this seems too insane.
damm...99+ ATAR guaranteed lol

But I'm different and to me, I think it's not worth wasting your holidays when you have the chance (even if you are ranked highly)

If you are way too defensive about your rank (which eventually will happen in year 12), you'll probably have to spend more time in order to solidify that rank of yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)