• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how hard do you think this years multiple choice will be? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
ohh lol top was 96 and then i think next highest was 92, it was marked fairly harshly, one of the teachers was giving out 1s and 2s out of 20 for an extended response. I got 85 which I was pleased with. I think average was like 75 or something.
oh my ..... 1 and 2's??? wtf..... that is too harsh... eeek.......... ... wow 75 average is pretty good btw!!!!!!!!

I got 19/20 :) and 16/20 arggg :(.......... i lost marks for trolling hehehehe........

dude 85 is pretty good also!!!! hope you get band 6 for hsc~~

michaeljennings

HSC
oh my ..... 1 and 2's??? wtf..... that is too harsh... eeek.......... ... wow 75 average is pretty good btw!!!!!!!!

I got 19/20 :) and 16/20 arggg :(.......... i lost marks for trolling hehehehe........

dude 85 is pretty good also!!!! hope you get band 6 for hsc~~
what exactly did you do to troll lol

my extendeds were 17 and 15, a bit disappointing but considering how peopel got 1s and 2s it was actually a relief in the end

Thanks man you too, you should get it easily though. Did you sit CSSA/Independent?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
what exactly did you do to troll lol

my extendeds were 17 and 15, a bit disappointing but considering how peopel got 1s and 2s it was actually a relief in the end

Thanks man you too, you should get it easily though. Did you sit CSSA/Independent?
CSSA,

The monetary policy..

I trolled the trends for monetary policy (i/r tightening and loosening) , however the teacher was very familiar with them (He wrote 2 pages of feedback on mine LOOOL XD). Also i mixed contractionary and expansionary stance around :(.. But ended up with 16/20, since i wrote 1800 words O.O..... he commended my effort :(>.

For globlisation i got 19/20, it was very good. i had a good mix of trends and structure :)...

the guy who got 94, got 19/20 and 19/20.. His fiscal essay was so damn good i actually asked him for it LOOL...

michaeljennings

HSC
CSSA,

The monetary policy..

I trolled the trends for monetary policy (i/r tightening and loosening) , however the teacher was very familiar with them (He wrote 2 pages of feedback on mine LOOOL XD). Also i mixed contractionary and expansionary stance around :(.. But ended up with 16/20, since i wrote 1800 words O.O..... he commended my effort :(>.

For globlisation i got 19/20, it was very good. i had a good mix of trends and structure :)...

the guy who got 94, got 19/20 and 19/20.. His fiscal essay was so damn good i actually asked him for it LOOL...
What did you get overall? Wow thats a heap of words lol our teacher told us that we should only write 800 words but I dont believe her cos you cant cover every point with just 800 words

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
What did you get overall? Wow thats a heap of words lol our teacher told us that we should only write 800 words but I dont believe her cos you cant cover every point with just 800 words
I actually got marked down once for the 800 words recommendation (it's an recommendation by the bos for the teachers) for business studies.. they said too much quantity destroys the whole purpose of business reports o_O... (because they're meant to be short and easy)

Internal mark was 90/100 overall (1st), true for people like me i can't really condense all into 800 words. Trials i got 90/100 :).

michaeljennings

HSC
I actually got marked down once for the 800 words recommendation (it's an recommendation by the bos for the teachers) for business studies.. they said too much quantity destroys the whole purpose of business reports o_O... (because they're meant to be short and easy)

Internal mark was 90/100 overall (1st), true for people like me i can't really condense all into 800 words. Trials i got 90/100 :).
Wow nice!

But thats business youre referring too, do you know what it is for economics?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow nice!

But thats business youre referring too, do you know what it is for economics?
800 word recommendation also for economics :)... from what i've heard from my teachers....... But most band 6er's write like 1400ish +.. determine wrote 1900 O.O... quantity+quality lol..

michaeljennings

HSC
800 word recommendation also for economics :)... from what i've heard from my teachers....... But most band 6er's write like 1400ish +.. determine wrote 1900 O.O... quantity+quality lol..
Holy...how do you even write that much lol, I know time isnt really a problem but how do you manage to write that much with all of it being relevant to the question? I wanna read one of determine's essays but he would probably charge me for it and I dont own any money

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Holy...how do you even write that much lol, I know time isnt really a problem but how do you manage to write that much with all of it being relevant to the question? I wanna read one of determine's essays but he would probably charge me for it and I dont own any money
You can ask him for a sample :) btw....

But yeah i think those type of people, content is like second nature to them because they're so prepared... they can write things top off their head whilst writing XD..

My issue is that i have tonnes of quantity but i need a touch of quality to balance it, in my eco essays 1/2 is not relevant to the question my teacher tells me... and the hsc is going to really defeat me if i can't fix it :(....

i think people spend like 1hr per essay also, 40-45 on mins on short answers and 15-20 on mc. :)..

bad thing for trials was i went reverse.

so i did essays>short answers>multiple choice

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
haha, MC should definitely be easier. I was literally wtfing at some last year, so i had less time to do other sections.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
I'm assuming a few marks everywhere LOL (i'll apply for raw marks this year all in one if i can)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
hey, dont take words away LOL, i actually wrote almost 2050 in the trial HAHAHHA. :)
if you know your stuff, you can write alot, but at the same time, you shouldn't be compromising quality for quantity. if you have both, then that's a bonus. :)

Bobbo1

HSC
just because the eco paper is 'easier' this year doesn't mean there is going to be more band 6s, they'll just align a bit weaker so the name number (or percentage) gets band 6s, right?

pippax

HSC
just do the online mpc over and over again - it doesn't matter how hard it is, or even if you understand it - if you do the online mpc you should just know the answer when you see it - every answer correct is one mark which might mean one band or another.

Skriker

HSC
im thinking environment management on extended response , im going to prepare a generic structure (TIME TO MENTION CARBON TAX YAY!!!!!!!!).......

Since they already asked us pretty leanient questions for trials (monetary, fiscal, globlisation, balance of payments).. im thinking more harder questions :(..........

i reckon short answers, probably calculation on balance of payments...
I don't think soo...They already asked that for last year, even our economics teachers are saying its highly unlikely going to be an extended response, they think its going to be definitly a short answer though, Also they think globalisation might be as their is new stuff in the syllabus =)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Should be easier this year (compared to last year at least).

hup

HSC
N/A
bos is trying to get people to write shorter essays cause they want it all on one big sheet to scan or something
i was told that the reason mc was more complex last year was so people spent more time on it and had less time to do their extended

michaeljennings

HSC
bos is trying to get people to write shorter essays cause they want it all on one big sheet to scan or something
i was told that the reason mc was more complex last year was so people spent more time on it and had less time to do their extended
oh =/

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think soo...They already asked that for last year, even our economics teachers are saying its highly unlikely going to be an extended response, they think its going to be definitly a short answer though, Also they think globalisation might be as their is new stuff in the syllabus =)
then what's likely to come out??

Exchange rates??? income distribution?? possibly a case study on a country?? We already had monetary/fiscal, globalisation and bop for trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)