How does being ranked 2nd affect me? (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
Okay here's the deal. In Advanced Maths my final mark is 83/100, whereas the guy coming first is 83.2/100 making me second to him. How would this fare for the HSC, will my marks get dragged down since I'm not first internally?

JJ345

HSC
N/A
Won't both of you get rounded to the same mark and get sent as equal first? If not -->such a small difference is unlikely to make a difference in your HSC mark (they'll probably give you the same assessment mark as first anyway).

D94

HSC
N/A
You should both be first, since whole marks are submitted.

But as above, you will most likely get the same moderated assessment mark. Your HSC exam mark will obviously be dependent on your own performance.

Hypem

HSC
whole marks are submitted.
Are you 100% sure on this? This plays to my disadvantage, then :/

In physics I'm 0.02% away from being rounded up

Focus is Key

HSC
Okay cool, I'll have to ask my teacher to clarify. I just worked those out by myself so I need to make sure he has the same things.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
D94, to clarify, say for example if I'm 4th on 80.6% and 3rd is 81.4%. Do I get submitted in as 3rd on 81%?

D94

HSC
N/A
It's really up to the school. But you will probably be submitted with the same whole mark, and hence the same rank.

braintic

HSC
N/A
As a teacher, I can say that principals in general instruct head teachers to separate the top two marks wherever possible.
Further, you can't calculate your submitted assessment mark by just applying the weightings you have been given. Schools are free to scale assessment marks before and after combining them.

Focus is Key

HSC
As a teacher, I can say that principals in general instruct head teachers to separate the top two marks wherever possible.
Further, you can't calculate your submitted assessment mark by just applying the weightings you have been given. Schools are free to scale assessment marks before and after combining them.
Thankyou, this was the case. I asked my Maths teacher and he said I'd actually come first by only a mark in Advanced, so I predicted it wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)