How do you write/type notes? (2 Viewers)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Typing the notes first and then writing them out again for practise seems like a good option too though - you have both the quality of typed notes and the practise you get from writing it.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
How about pretending to be the exam creator? Make up your own questions and fit your notes in.

bawd

HSC
Continuum said:
Typing the notes first and then writing them out again for practise seems like a good option too though - you have both the quality of typed notes and the practise you get from writing it.
That'd be a good idea and I'd do it if I had enough time on my hands. Another good way of organising notes (that may have already been suggested), is colour-coding subjects, topics within subjects etc so when it comes to studying time, it's easy to find what you need.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
bawd said:
That'd be a good idea and I'd do it if I had enough time on my hands. Another good way of organising notes (that may have already been suggested), is colour-coding subjects, topics within subjects etc so when it comes to studying time, it's easy to find what you need.
I have different coloured manila folders for all my subjects. :lol:

bawd

HSC
Aplus said:
How about pretending to be the exam creator? Make up your own questions and fit your notes in.
The exam creator would have to take questions from the syllabus. For example, one point on the syllabus may be:

"Students learn to decribe _________ and how it is affected by _________."

Then you could turn that into a question and answer it. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You guys are amazingly innovative with your study methods! Thanks for your great opinions.

selablad

HSC
bawd said:
colour-coding subjects
I had a competition with my sister and friends about who could be the most organised in terms of school notes and stuff. I won in the colour-coding section (although the writing notes section I quite dismally failed :D). My subjects have all the same: exercise book covers; ink I write with; folder for keeping book and notes in; predominant colour on textbook; highlighter; colour of pacer...etc. I *love* colour co-ordination (I wore only purple on my flight home today :D)

Yeah. Somewhere hidden in there must be some note-taking gem of wisdom (hopefully :))

bored of sc

HSC
selablad said:
I had a competition with my sister and friends about who could be the most organised in terms of school notes and stuff. I won in the colour-coding section (although the writing notes section I quite dismally failed :D). My subjects have all the same: exercise book covers; ink I write with; folder for keeping book and notes in; predominant colour on textbook; highlighter; colour of pacer...etc. I *love* colour co-ordination (I wore only purple on my flight home today :D)

Yeah. Somewhere hidden in there must be some note-taking gem of wisdom (hopefully :))
Wow! That's commitment to colour-coding your work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)