How do you study? (1 Viewer)

KeiKurono

HSC
For the past few years I've cruised through high school with minimal to no study and effort whatsoever, while I have stayed in the top classes at my school and achieved above average results I feel it's time to make a change. When I do study however I usually write down quick summaries on paper and continuously read over it until I'm hopeful that I'll remember it, with the longest amount of time I have spent studying being around an hour or two. This definitely does not seem like an effective means of studying and I feel like throughout my years I've never properly learned how to. So i ask you guys this, what are some effective studying techniques, how do you yourself study, and how many hours a day should i be donating to this cause?

enoilgam

HSC
As I have said many times on BoS, study is about finding what works for you. Try and use year 11 as a testing ground to try different study techniques and methods. For me personally, I dont think there is a set amount of hours required for study. You should study until you understand the work properly - the exact amount varies from person to person.

R

RishadM

Yeah some people have time allocated study - where they just study for this long.
But when I studied or planned on it - I would have objectives like: do this many past papers or learn these dot points in the syllabus because I'm not too sure about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)