• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do YOU study from your notes? (1 Viewer)

Carl5

HSC
Just out of curiosity. I know different things work for different people, etc, etc...

Personally, I rewrite them as only keywords, then go back over that a few times.

How about you?

i.e. do you just read them, re-summarise, teach them to someone, etc.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I would read few times and then rewrite :).... repeat the process and it will go in your head eventually XD

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Read then disregard, I should stop doing that...

Carl5

HSC
Yeah, I tend to be doing that nowadays... I'm going to attempt explaining them to myself now. I think it'll be more efficient than rewriting.

HKK

HSC
My notes are all under subtitles... so I pretty much just read them until they're memorised and I can say them off the top of my head. Takes ages though.

jamesfirst

HSC
I just read them and make sure I know them fully.

Then I start doing past papers to keep reinforcing those ideas.. works the best for science.

musing

HSC
I do past papers using these notes in front of me. Kind of like 'open-book' examinations.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I do past papers using these notes in front of me. Kind of like 'open-book' examinations.
Not a bad idea to start out with, but you should be moving to start doing exams closed-book. :)

sunshinegirl

HSC
I record my study notes on Audacity, load onto ipod and listen to them. Actually, best way for me is to listen to my notes, read notes and say out loud all at the same time. I do this for essays and lists of thesis statements too.

also, i have stuck study notes all over my room so i read them every day - seems to work!

i also love big butcher's paper timelines (for ancient. modern and history ext) as a way of organising notes, though works better for some topics than others.
writing past papers under timed conditions is also good, particularly to make sure you can fit it all in in 40 min or however long.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Read over every page and write down what I'll think I'll forget or is ambiguous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)