How do you store your shoes?! (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
I leave the less inexpensive shoes on the bottom few shelves in my wardrobe, but all my dearer shoes are in their original boxes and on higher shelves. I label all the boxes as well. I tried the photo thing, but never got around to photographing them all. Way too much trouble and besides, I recognise the boxes.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have a small walk-in wardrobe with one wall dedicated to shoes, 6 shelves high, with about 10 pairs on each shelf = about 60 pairs of shoes (only half of which i have actually worn more than once) but i can never work out how to store boots. at the moment, i keep them in their original boxes on the bottom shelf, but its a real pain.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have two little shelves where i store them under all my coats etc

i never really got in the habit of keeping them all in their boxes tho. i should do a cleanout soon; i have about 50 pairs, 40 of which i never wear

millymoo

HSC
i have those cloth strip insert things that hang from the metal poles that are at the top of your wardrobe for clothes hanging...get them from ikea for a good buck..... i got 2 so they hold like 20 pairs of shoes? the rest are on the floor underneath

kaylz

HSC
i want to get those clear shoe boxes you see advertised in the back pages of vogue... $10 each

P

pLuvia

Do you people wear your shoes inside the house? Because I know a few that do that

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not obsessed with my shoes but my Mum makes us use this bloody shoe rack... and for shoes which aren't in use, she makes me keep them in the original box with a label attached describing the contents. Sigh.

Btw we wear sandals/slippers inside the house.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I for one am always shoeless in my own house. If it's cold I might wear socks or slippers.

olchik

HSC
^me too. I prefer to wear high-heel shoes outside, that's why my feet need rest when I'm home. So I wear my slippers.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
We have a huge cupboard for all the shoes. We're not allowed to walk around the house in shoes, because half the house has carpet floors. I am also shoeless around the house because it is comfortable. In winter, I'd wear socks or slippers because of the tiled areas.

jesscookie

HSC
most of our shoes are on this gross shoe rack outside the back door, some havnt been worn in many many years and house small colonies of invertabrates.
other shoes get kicked off just inside the door and kicked to the side, and then speshal shoes are kept in individuals cupboards.
mine are buried under a giant pile of clothes on my floor.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
when i got my cupboard made, my mum made them put a section where u can individually put pairs of shoes.. they dont all fit.. theres only about 20 slots! so i stuff them all under my cupboard
the smelly shoes (sportshoes) go in a cupboard near teh laundry....
but yeeeh

Skeeta

HSC
this issue stresses me out, i'm after shoeboxes so i can store some of them away with photos but cant find enough of them.. :(

i came across this website
http://www.theclearboxaustralia.com/about.html

which is a great idea but for $30 for a pack of three "mens" ones.. i'm not so keen

CieL

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I've seen shoe racks used to fabulous effect, however I can't find ones that will fit... I've checked out a few storage places and all I find are the two-rack ones. HELLO! I want one that's got at least four racks, if not six! I've also seen little hanging shoe things that can store about 8-10 shoes. But again, that'd fill up pretty fast...

Any ideas?
Have you checked out IKEA? They got some decent cupboards.. I'm sure you can add a few of your own slots and it'll make an alright shoe rack..

Actually, why don't you purchase a bookshelf.. and put shoes on it instead of books..

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Have you checked out IKEA? They got some decent cupboards.. I'm sure you can add a few of your own slots and it'll make an alright shoe rack..

Actually, why don't you purchase a bookshelf.. and put shoes on it instead of books..
Bookshelves are to "tall" for effective space management :S On the bright side, I bought myself a little adjustable/stackable shoe rack thing from Freedom ($30) and I love it! I'm going to buy more and stack them up :D

... then might consider the clear box thing for boots...

CieL

HSC
It'll be a really cramped heaven for glitterfairy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)