How do you stop procrastinating and where do you get your motivation? (1 Viewer)

Laughable

HSC
tl;dr: (Lol it's not really long at all :|) Random bullcrap about how I suck at school and a question on how you motivate yourself and how you stop procrastinating!

I have no motivation.
I am WAY behind on my studies (I'm around 1 module behind for Bio and Chem notes, I haven't even started Ancient History notes and basically every other subject)
I always find something to procrastinate, even if it's something boring, like staring at the screen. There's only 2 months until my trials, and I'm freaking out but I still can't seem to control myself. I have so much to do but I waste all this precious time on trivial shit, is there some way to kick-start my study habits and whatnot? It seems everyone else is working full throttle yet I'm still fluffing around... :c
HELP PLEASE.

Last edited:

MiseryParade

HSC
If you have a smartphone, I suggest an app called TED. It's free, and it's filled with some amazing videos about life (and everything in it). Every time I need moar motivation, I browse through the videos and listen to attractive American accents tell me all about beauty and life and space and being happy :D The best motivator I'll ever need until end of HSC. ;P

enoilgam

HSC
Some people will probably groan at this, because I have said it so many time before, but I found that the best way to beat it was by getting on top of things quickly and setting small tasks. I posted this in some thread a while ago and I think it might help you:

Setting small achievable goals is the key to staying motivated throughout the year. If you set yourself a mountain of work, it will probably overwhelm you and chances are you arent going to be able to complete it, which will lower your confidence and crush your morale (i.e. loss of motivation). When this happens, people start avoiding study because they dont feel as if they are achieving anything.

However, if you set small but achievable goals, then chances are you will complete them, thereby boosting your confidence. Also, by setting and achieving small goals, you can sustain your motivation for a long period of time which is extremely difficult to do during the HSC. Obviously, there are points during the year where your workload will be high - at those points, try stretching your work out and avoid cramming. Big goals like "I dont want to fail my HSC" or "I want X ATAR" are still important, but for most people, they arent effective at motivating you on a day to day basis - thats where managing your workload comes in."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)