How do you motivate yourself to study? (1 Viewer)

starryblue

HSC
i tried many methods...like, betting with a friend whoever gets a higher mark, gets treated by the other person. but that didn't really work :L i'm still not bothered to study. how can i last the senior years without learning to actually study properly?! DDX so anyone know any motivation techniques?
thanks~

purplemoon

HSC
first and foremost, you need to have a goal. i know you've probably heard this like 2345678 times, but its true. Have u decided what u wanna be when you leave school ? if you REALLY want to reach that goal; you'd do whatever it takes. Also, when you feel like bludging, just imagine the feeling when you get those exam results and everyones realllllyyy happy they all got good marks, and ur like the only one with a bad mark. shit feeling. trust me, i'd know. :L

anne1010

HSC
you will finish year 12 with being motivated to study for a total of 10 hours. 20 hours max. i kid you not. the rest of the time ur forcing urself to sit down and study and most of the time thatll be the few days before an exam...

yours

HSC
Hi this is just from my experience, if you talk a lot to really competetive people it makes you work harder. I know this because I was indifferent towards english but one of my friends was ALWAYS going on about marks and ranks and I got sucked in. It was a good influence because I wrote lots of practice essays and I did well in the trials/other assessments.

starryblue

HSC
Hi this is just from my experience, if you talk a lot to really competetive people it makes you work harder. I know this because I was indifferent towards english but one of my friends was ALWAYS going on about marks and ranks and I got sucked in. It was a good influence because I wrote lots of practice essays and I did well in the trials/other assessments.
competitive people? as in people who always study and get high marks? i'll try that, thanks! =)

starryblue

HSC
first and foremost, you need to have a goal. i know you've probably heard this like 2345678 times, but its true. Have u decided what u wanna be when you leave school ? if you REALLY want to reach that goal; you'd do whatever it takes. Also, when you feel like bludging, just imagine the feeling when you get those exam results and everyones realllllyyy happy they all got good marks, and ur like the only one with a bad mark. shit feeling. trust me, i'd know. :L
unfortunately i hv no idea what i want to be...and the feeling that i get when get a bad mark is more like oh well, i can probably do better if i study (not that i ever do)..

tabbyy

HSC
N/A
What gets me to study is to think that.. i dont wanna have to have wasted all my time in school for nothing! So a little study and getting ready for exams (a couple of hours) is a small price to pay for a good future (a couple of years!) :p
Hope that helped

reality3435

HSC
Key thing is to think about how you will fail and the feeling of getting a bad mark. Just think about the feeling of getting that bad mark which I assure you is horrible at least for me stays on my conscience for at least a couple of days.

other tips: give someone you trust your facebook password so you won't go online, move your study space to somewhere without a computer or tv so there's no distractions, get everything you need for a study session so you dont need to waste time to get up and get a ruler or something .

Also, at my school everyone's always trying to outdo each other and it's kind of honorable when you gun an exam, I'm not sure about you but that really helps me get up to speed . :D

1981Grant

HSC
Achieve purpose.

Focus comes from purpose. Focus leads to solid study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)