How do you do a double degree? (1 Viewer)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
you just pick the course in uac.

ie. bachelor of laws/bachelor of commerce.

or, you can do a bachelor, and pick more majors to transfer into a double.
at macq, you can do certain double degrees in 4 years

arts/psychology
and something else

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You select a double as your UAC preference. Also, as theism noted, if you are already doing a degree, picking extra relevant electives, then making the switch is the way to go.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
There are set double degrees, one reason for this is because some units count for both degrees so that you can finish two degrees in less time than if you did them separately. e.g. in Arts/Law some of the law units you do ALSO count as arts electives. It means that you have a few less electives. You do the same size study load as everyone else.

It can be particularly beneficial where it doesn't add much time e.g. undergrad (not grad) law on its own is 4 years, for an extra year I can have a second degree.

bimatty

HSC
You select a double as your UAC preference. Also, as theism noted, if you are already doing a degree, picking extra relevant electives, then making the switch is the way to go.
Thanks. I am doing Actuarial at the moment, but want to do Media as well. So I guess I should just pick like say, 2 subjects similar to the ones I did last year, and 2 media ones? Do I have to senrol in the Media Course as well, or is that just enough?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks. I am doing Actuarial at the moment, but want to do Media as well. So I guess I should just pick like say, 2 subjects similar to the ones I did last year, and 2 media ones? Do I have to senrol in the Media Course as well, or is that just enough?
You'd most likely have to do concurrent degrees, 'double degrees' are those explicitly with a UAC code.

Macquarie University - Undergraduate Studies

vds700

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can't do actuarial and media as a double degree. The only things you can do with actuarial are like applied finance, economics, law, accounting, computing, stats, maths etc.

If you don't like actuarial, probably best to transfer to media or a media double degree (not sure if doubles exist).

EDITL If you're transferring to a different course at mq, u don't need to go through uac, u can just do an internal course transfer.

Last edited:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
It can be particularly beneficial where it doesn't add much time e.g. undergrad (not grad) law on its own is 4 years, for an extra year I can have a second degree.
Thats good value. Like the Hungry Jacks stunner deal!

dolbinau

HSC
you just pick the course in uac.

ie. bachelor of laws/bachelor of commerce.

or, you can do a bachelor, and pick more majors to transfer into a double.
at macq, you can do certain double degrees in 4 years

arts/psychology
and something else
I don't think you can really say arts/psychology is a double degree. It's a Bachelor of Arts - Psychology; not a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Psychology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)