How do you cram study? (1 Viewer)

blieu

HSC
What is an effective (if any) way of cram studying for trials? I haven't had a lot or any time to study for my trials due to my assessments being due the week before trials so any advice would be very helpful.

deswa1

HSC
Get a textbook/notes from someone else and then read. Do this for all your subs. By this time you will have forgotten a lot of the earlier stuff so repeat the process with different notes.

This will bore the shit out of you but its effective for cramming.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
What is an effective (if any) way of cram studying for trials? I haven't had a lot or any time to study for my trials due to my assessments being due the week before trials so any advice would be very helpful.
Read notes, and try exams.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I don't think writing notes is a good way of cramming.
You should do as many past papers as possible, if you don't know something, learn by looking at the answer and re-writing it

If you need to memorise notes for essays
Read the point out loud until you've remembered it. Write it down while saying it - do this multiple times

study-me-alot

HSC
You should do as many past papers as possible, if you don't know something, learn by looking at the answer and re-writing it

Read the point out loud until you've remembered it. Write it down while saying it - do this multiple times
i totally agree.

2xL

HSC
No more time to write notes! Personally I never write my own! It's time to start reading the notes! Hardout read notes! (For Sciences and PE in my case)

For maths, churn through past papers. As many as possible.

RishBonjour

HSC
For maths - you can't really cram - but if you know all the concepts - just refine the ones you are having trouble with and then smash past papers (make sure you do questions that seem odd to you, not just the simple ones)

For every other subject, as people stated above - read notes from others - no time to write them out now

I have trials too, just got back from watching Batman- WHAT A MOVIE

nahi11

HSC
I find myself in the same position, again.

Cramming FTW

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Cramming?

Do past papers, lots of questions. What you want is to do what you're going to do into the exam.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I remember someone saying this around finals "If you stress a test, rest is best" to which someone replied "Pull an all nighter, your answers will be right-er" lol. In all honesty unless you are VERY screwed for an exam i would strongly advise against pulling an all nighter. What was effective for me was having printed notes or an excel study guide, going to bed (if you have a reading light or lamp on bed side table) or locking myself in my room turning off the computer/tv whatever and just reading through the notes and thinking about the main concepts and making sure i understood everything. Then i would get a good amount of sleep and revisit all that content the next morning before the exam.

That is for the point where its too late for past papers btw.

Demise

HSC
Forget past papers, go over content and read the syllabus, and see if you can answer the question.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Good Point

delian

HSC
N/A
Definitely revise the syllabus to pick out any weakness you may have.

Try to do at least one past paper if you have time.

FBJ

HSC
N/A
Make notes, do at least one past exam but don't stress.

dsor01

HSC
Read the syllabus, make notes on the syllabus. Read through your notes in every waking hour of your life until your HSC exam. :)

Lucas_

HSC
You obviously don't have time to write your own notes, so:
- Download some in-depth course summary notes from the BOS resource section relevant to your exams (by topic per subject)
- Read your freshly downloaded notes (and your own minimal notes which you mentioned you had compiled)
- Do some past paper questions
- Night before exam re-read your notes again (preferably a different set to the first set you studied with in order to see if you missed anything major.)

You could do the last step a few nights before your first exam if you wanted to give yourself a bit of time in case your discovered some gaping holes (lol) in your knowledge. If you have time for this just keep doing those papers!

Goodluck

EDIT: Personally, I don't agree with the people above telling you to read the syllabus. The syllabus is too vague and you will learn nothing from looking at it. You could use it as a list which you mentally tick off each area in the course in your head as you look at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)