• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you become a tutor? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What? I was under the impression that tutors got paid around $135 for the first hour, and $85 per hour of class thereafter (for the same subject)? [I could easily be mistaken]

JustAnotherOne

HSC
Just to clarify for the OP- you will almost never be considered for a tutor position unless you already qualify for a degree (i.e. you are in honors or postgraduate study). You do not, however, need a D or HD average; simply getting into honors is enough.

Milton Friedman

HSC
N/A
What? I was under the impression that tutors got paid around $135 for the first hour, and $85 per hour of class thereafter (for the same subject)? [I could easily be mistaken]
my mistake, tutors do get paid that, as stated in that pdf. but the jump from an undergrad to a tutor is, i assume, separated by entry into phd studies (which few of us here are close to yet). if the OP and others here are interested in teaching as hons students, i assume they'll be doing so as demonstrators who get paid the $41 amount i cited.

interesting if, in subjects outside of arts and science, they do employ hons students as bona fide tutors who get paid that royal amount you mentioned. from what i can recall, i've never seen an hons student teaching outside of 1st year chem and bio labs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)