How do i improve my ext2 results (2 Viewers)

jonosmith

HSC
Cambridge is good, if a little light on the explantations. Fitz coevers this very well, and Coroneos is ridiculously good on Intergration, which is the backbone of a lot of 4U stuff. Try looking for Derek Buchanan's notes, they're a great way to self teach. Maths Online is probably the best for easier stuff though.
LOL, what a NERD!

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
learn to integrate really really quickly, like one or two lines before you evaluate the final integral. If you do that well, you end up with a lot of time to spend working on the stupid questions; aim for full marks in the first half of the paper, at that point, it doesn't really matter how well you do in the remainder.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I'm passing..just not in the 90s....i really like maths and dont want to drop it. i was just asking what books and that i could use to help me get better results...
books wont help now, just do past papers and look at worked solutions to learn.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
LOL, what a NERD!
I learnt that from teachers/Year 12s. Knowledge of certain textbooks isn't hard to know when you have the 2/3U copies of them and know the style expected. Derek Buchana has linked to his notes on this site, and they are very very good. And Maths Online is sponsored by Maccas.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Quick note. If you're the only student doing 4U your internals don't matter, your final exam mark is your assessment mark. So start spamming the past papers.

shady145

Banned
HSC
I learnt that from teachers/Year 12s. Knowledge of certain textbooks isn't hard to know when you have the 2/3U copies of them and know the style expected. Derek Buchana has linked to his notes on this site, and they are very very good. And Maths Online is sponsored by Maccas.
last time i checked there is no mx2 on mathsonline, it only goes up to mx1

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Nah, no 4unitz on Maths Online :(... I start 4unit soon! ^_^
Hehe, you're really excited about starting 4U XD

books wont help now, just do past papers and look at worked solutions to learn.
Quick note. If you're the only student doing 4U your internals don't matter, your final exam mark is your assessment mark. So start spamming the past papers.
I agree with these guys and if you're trying to teach yourself, i recommend Terry Lee :)

abltres

HSC
omg? really? nobody told me that..nice. thanks. knowing that has given me mroe motivation to do those past papers

abltres

HSC
Good luck. Oh and use another book to learn the bank circular tracks section instead of Terry Lee because it's a bit too complicated - i recommend fitzpatrick for mechanics :)
thanks. we're going to start mechanics soon. i dont do physics, will it make it harder for me to grasp the concepts?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
thanks. we're going to start mechanics soon. i dont do physics, will it make it harder for me to grasp the concepts?
Not really. You just need to know really, really basic things like F = ma (Newton's 2nd law) and that there's a normal reaction force or opposition force for every motion (Newton's 3rd law). That's about it :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yuk. Why?
It explains it really well and the questions are realistic aside from the last few in the conical pendulum section. I managed to teach myself using Fitzpatrick very easily whereas Cambridge comfused the crap out of me XD

aibelle1991

HSC
i got my trial exams back. i came first in ext1 ..and for ext2 just managed to pass with 56%. would that equate to an E1 for the hsc?

shady145

Banned
HSC
i got my trial exams back. i came first in ext1 ..and for ext2 just managed to pass with 56%. would that equate to an E1 for the hsc?
lol no.
band E3 depending on the difficulty of the exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)