How difficult is it to get an E4? (1 Viewer)

Vidhya

HSC
Or maybe even 45+ in this subject?

I'm looking back at my story and there are some errors that make me want to repeatedly hit my head on a stone wall. My story is not postmodern or nihilistic or an evaluation of how useless life is but it's quite simple and with a happy, hopeful ending. One second I think maybe 40+ is possible and the next I'm like, lol 25-30 at max.
Did/does anyone else feel ambiguous about how they will do?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you do your work, E4 is possible. My story wasn't nihilistic or how useless life was - but it was 'postmodern' in a happy, entertaining way - and still got E4.

That said, if you made spelling mistakes or grammatical errors - considering you had basically a year to edit it, they're not gonna take too kindly.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Of course it's possible - a big help is keeping near the top of your rankings for the Vivas and other assessed items. I haven't read your story but the stronger ones develop a strong sense of concept through a variety of sophisticated techniques and good research.

3 years on after getting 49 in this in total (50/50 for the external marker's centre mark), I still advocate that the Reflection Statement makes or breaks your MW. Mainly because it documents how you used media-specific techniques, different types of language and thhe process you went through of shaping your concept.

Good luck. It was a shame I didn't see any questions relating to Multimedia this year, which is what I did.

Vidhya

HSC
3 years on after getting 49 in this in total (50/50 for the external marker's centre mark), I still advocate that the Reflection Statement makes or breaks your MW. Mainly because it documents how you used media-specific techniques, different types of language and thhe process you went through of shaping your concept.
Crap. Screwed that one up then haha

mirakon

nigga
HSC

I'm looking back at my story and there are some errors that make me want to repeatedly hit my head on a stone wall. My story is not postmodern or nihilistic or an evaluation of how useless life is but it's quite simple and with a happy, hopeful ending. One second I think maybe 40+ is possible and the next I'm like, lol 25-30 at max.
Neither is mine. I think markers will begin to get over the whole postmodern/nihilism trend soon enough anyway.

I feel mine's is a bit risky, its what one might call an acquired taste...but I'm fairly confident that I'll be fine, my internal assessments went quite well and they were marked by a variety of teachers.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Haha, i'm in exactly the same boat. I'm hoping the markers have grown out of their indie phase.

yours

HSC

Yes I really don't know what to expect! I don't think I had enough dialogue (but I find good dialogue really hard to write)... My reflection statement is really good, though I think it sounds a lot more sophisticated than the story itself, which is a bit confused in its direction. Wait and see...

Galladrim

HSC

My story is not postmodern or nihilistic or an evaluation of how useless life is but it's quite simple and with a happy, hopeful ending.
Mine isn't postmodern either. To my mind it's become a bit of a fad really.

Consider it from the markers point of view. If nothing else its a relief from consistent nihilism.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
This is why I decreed there is to be no angst, death or postmodernist taste in my story. How did all you 2011ers go in the end? I had my fingers crossed for you guys!

Garygaz

HSC
if you think you need to do some obscure/postmodern piece to get an e4, you don't. mine was simple in terms of concepts/being grounded in reality. just aim to write what you're comfortable with and you'll do well. i don't buy into trying to get into genres/themes which will get you more marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)