How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

Simpson Freak

HSC
Die Biology Die

Well what can i say? I had so much time that i just wrote pages and pages and almost asked for a second writing booklet in the option.

I guess the exam was easy but with stuff from left field you never know if what you thought is what the marker wanted. But i did not like the way i memorised every dot point and was ready to unleash my extensive memory reserves on this paper, but then it was just some crappy application test.

I am not surprised this will probably be a trend in phys and chem too. We have all these notes floating on around the net, so many easily memorisable stuff that to accurately test the students they need to see how they apply scientific reasoning and all that bul****.

Well apart from people who didnt study everything, the thousands that probably knew every dot point need to be differentiated in some way and asking some left field questions was important.

What do the markers think about attempted jokes in answers. I was drunk with confidence and somewhere at the end of my Influenza answer i said the only drugs for bird flu are being stock piled mainly for important and critical occupations not general public and [then i added] HSC markers and valuable biology teachers...dam i shud i hav thought of a better way to suck up.

I LOVE BIRD FLU INFECT US ANY TIME< I VOLUNTEER AS FIRST HOST

why was the multiple choice so easy? what purpose would it have, i am ranked 1st in my school and in all tests i do, i do worst in multiple choice in my school. Now i can say w/o a doubt 15/15 as can many of you

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i dont think i will get a raw 90s mark, as a worse case scenario, but i'm sure that the aligned one will be up there. this was by far the easiest exam i've done for both bio and other subjects too (OK, thats a lie: i get xcellent marks in 2u maths too). but let me tell you, i have never looked at a bio exam without thinking wtf for at least one question. this one? i not only left with an hour and a half to spare, i had read the questions past halfway in the first 5 mins reading time. i still remember staying a few more seconds looking at the cattle question to see how i would tackle it when i reached it. the multiple choice was TOOOO easy, i finished reading it in 3 mins and answering it in 2 mins.

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Wow, everyone has much higher ambitions than me. All I wanna do is a science degree at Newcastle for a lowly 70 UAI. And I get +4 because I'm a local ;).
Although my first preferance is 90 UAI for combined B engingeering and B science... I don't really expect to get in though...

elisabeth

HSC
Oso said:
Wow, everyone has much higher ambitions than me. All I wanna do is a science degree at Newcastle for a lowly 70 UAI. And I get +4 because I'm a local ;).
Although my first preferance is 90 UAI for combined B engingeering and B science... I don't really expect to get in though...
My first pref is 97.4.... second is 68 :p

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
mmmegan said:
well .. im sorry .. i dont do bio .. but my friend does .. and shes gunna kick your butts ..
well what's her name?
i'll look for it in the honour roll for 1st in state of bio then, if she's SOO good. :p

mmmegan

HSC
well .. that mite be classified information - seeing as though she is already a superstar .. but you can v\be sure her name will be at the top of the honour roll - 2005 - BIOLOGY - 1st - .................................

Simpson Freak

HSC
if its that classified it woodnt be on the newspaper now would it.

seriously if she has a friend like you, it doesnt say much about her intelligence now does it?

does she hav a speech impediment like you, i see you type the way you talk, there is therapy for that you know. oookay mmmegan

mmmegan

HSC
no - her name will appear as 1: ***********
she had the no. 1 rank in her class..
and you judge people on their name ? ;)

Simpson Freak

HSC
thats the weakest coming back i hav seen since ricky martin releasing a new album!

why you whoreson dog, you cur...(yes King Lear has not yet left me)

wat does it matter to come first in your bloody class...i am first in all my subjects, i dont go around telling people since it doesnt matter,

how do we know your not for some school for the mentally challenged...clearly your stuttered name could have shed some light on it m,m,megan...or else i would not have mentioned it.

so i might as well ask you "you judge people's statewide performance based on their school performance?"....its much better than poking fun at my little joke for ur name, u cood hav atleast tried to come up with something to make fun of my obvious obsessions with simpsons, star wars or lord of the rings....but then again ...."mmmegan" says it all.

i will donate as much as i can to the spastic centre so you can stop terrorising this forum.

Last edited:

mmmegan

HSC
well - ricky martin goes to my school (no joke) and yes his albums are weak heheh

you my friend are a flibetigibbet simpsons freak frodo lovin ring huggin, and like homer need to get a brain

i nor my friend are mentally challenged (heheh)

i can accept your joke for my name and can only say that its a damn fine name

Last edited:

Simpson Freak

HSC
flibbertigibbet? do you even know the meaning of that word, since clearly i hav not said anything in my post history to deserve such a claim.

anyway congrats on using more than 3 syllables for a word, i think you may be overheating now so i will make this quick.

homer himself is an odd one....despite obviously being dumb...he does seem to have weird knowledge about stuff. I would like to name a few instances:

he claimed "in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" when lisa made a self propagating and accelerating perpetual motion machine

homer knows "karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos"

he had a crayon in his brain, once removed was shunned by other local bums

he understands the economic status of china, questioning their alleged communist state when he sees "rudimentary small markets"

he predicted wat would happen to the comet...thats sorta using ur brain.

anyway i really cant think of more since i havent been watching simpsons this cursed hsc month....my torment shall end friday and i will be reunited with my beloved simpsons, starwars and lord of the rings dvds.

at the end of the day...no one likes arrogance and you sayin some friend of urs is going to be number one on the basis of just topping a class,
"Your overconfidence is your weakness"
"Trying is the first step towards failure"
"Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalima"

mmmegan

HSC
flibertigibbet is also a King Lear reference - i would tell you where but i have conferred it to the accumulating pile in the lounge room..

more than three syllables is highly possible and absolutley a fact in more than one case

homer - crayon - what the? - go back to sleep - comet - trust me that took no brain POWER what so ever

to quote Mr. Billy Maddison - "i worked hard for this - SO BACK OFF"

"alright then"

i am not arrogant, and wont be dissapointed if my freind is not number one, i will know she has done her best, and like me thats all i can do ;)

Simpson Freak

HSC
"i will know she has done her best" why if it isn't the mating call of the loser.

and yes homer put 16 crayons in his nose and only sneezed out 15.....he had an x ray and the removed the crayon to be substantially smarter....ergo...homer does have a brain and were it not for the crayon and many continuity error within the season homer would be smart....i dont see any point to this...just had to say it since your piss weak attempt to imply that i am stupid thru comparison to homer was just a cop out.

"skinner says the teachers are going to crack any minute purple monkey dishwasher"

no i am not lorissa birt, what the hell is that....it sounds like a female, i am not of that kind, but am part of the far more transcendant male species....i thought i could include a bit of shovanism to give this thread a kick.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)