How did everyone go? (Discussion) (1 Viewer)

Numero Uno

HSC
LostAuzzie said:
I didnt get the 3rd part but:

For the 1st part I just said that x-y or y-x represents the time difference which must be less than 15 mins (1/4 of an hr) for them to meet

For the 2nd Part I sketched a diagram with the two lines:
y = x + 1/4 and y = x - 1/4 and found the area between them.
Don't know if what I got was right but I ended up with 7/16 as the probability

Anyone else?
yeah i got the same answer
im pretty sure its correct

anyway iii) im pretty sure i fuked it up and im quite confident the answer was not 30 mins as someone suggester.. but meh ..

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
Fuck. Thats all I have to say. Fuck.

I mean i havent yet passed an exam this year including the trial for maths..being encouraged that if i "keep at it" ill be just fine..i studied a fair bit for it..and yet i may have achieved perhaps, if im lucky, 60%..fuck!

Hopefully because it was so hard, it generally seems by reactions, I'm hoping for possibly a band 4 if I am lucky.

I left huge chunks out..4 or 5 marker ones, but i seemed to get right the ones I attempted..so yeah..anyhting could happen.

Jago, for example, mate what UAI are you aiming for, and is maths your strongest sub? lol I hope so or else its pretty damn demoralising for myself :p

Good luck guys in your remaining exams aye! and have a good one!

rama_v

HSC
From what ive seen Phantasmagoria will probably get first in the state, he seems really smart and got the last question :D

What would 110/120 usually align to? 96?

rama_v

HSC
Numero Uno said:
yeah i got the same answer
im pretty sure its correct

anyway iii) im pretty sure i fuked it up and im quite confident the answer was not 30 mins as someone suggester.. but meh ..
Yeah I checked again, the answer is not 30 minutes, its 17 minutes or so, too bad I couldnt work it out in the exam :(
Oh well, theres always 3 unit

chin music

HSC
N/A
ye i too got 30 but realised afterwards the answer was 17. That test was fucked. The fact that the Catholic trials and hsc papers such as 1994,1995 etc. were so easy mislead me. I assume i got in the range 80-89%. Everything i didnt want to be there was there. There just had to be a loan repayments question. And there had to be a motion graph question. I hate that shit. From what i heard everyone did shit. One of my friends from sydney girls reckons her teacher thought itd be scaled more then 2003. It better fuckn be. 2003 was hell easy compared to that shit today.

chin music

HSC
N/A
gemblack88 said:
i've done every past 2 unit paper and i got 96% in my trials and i THOUGHT i was prepared, but that test was crazily hard!!! it was way harder than any of the past papers i reckon. my only hope is that everyone found it hard and so maybe they'll scale it up or whatever they do. So basically, i hope you all failed, for my sake :) nah just kidding.. sort of...
Haha thats EXACTLY the same as me. I got 100% in my 2 assessment tasks before the trials, 96% in the trials, did every past paper, and then there was todays. At least if i did the HSC next year i could look at this years paper and think that it could be as hard. I had no clue it would be anywhere near as hard as it was today

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
Far out! I thought I was prepared before I got into the examination room. I then flicked through the examination booklet, and when I saw question 8-10, I was like, WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS?

I personally thought that the exam was pretty challenging... Question 9-10 was definately a challenge.

Question 10 made me really angry.. I was even tempted to write down
"What the shit is this? Why can't they just call each other up and organise to be on time - Time management PERHAPS?!?"

aRRGGhhhH!!

WHAT THE HELL!! That is all I can say!!!

helenpoo

HSC
That shouldn't have been like a three unit exam. It's a two unit paper.

Didn't finish it. Hate BOS. Hate hate. I want above 80. Doubt it's happening now though.. Bloody little mistakes. Bloody BOS. oadshilksx

Last edited:

reemz

HSC
omg that was so hard omg and i bloody studied 4 that stupid exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg i finished the paper but omg that was so hard!
ill have 2 say that out of all the HSC papers that was HARD, especially compared 2 last years omg im gona die...........

UAI30orless

HSC
stupid idiot 3 unit students...friggin y did i do 2u maths? my uai's gone down d friggin drain....q8-10 i'll get 0 yep zeeee... friggin... rooo..

U....... friggin..... W....... friggin..... S here I come

I

icycloud

The exam wasn't too hard. I might be overconfident, but I think I got 115+. Quite a few guys at my school got in the vicinity of 115-120 (accounting for known mistakes). One guy will probably get 120 (Vinh Pham for those of you interested).

One caveat though, this was my first HSC exam and I didn't read the instructions properly, so I ended up writing some of my answers on the "unruled" pages :(. So the markers might not mark those :( in which case I got around 100. Oh well at least this 2U exam doesn't count towards my UAI and I'll know not to write on the unruled pages in my 3U/4U exams next time around :D.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
intrik8 said:
Far out! I thought I was prepared before I got into the examination room. I then flicked through the examination booklet, and when I saw question 8-10, I was like, WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS?

I personally thought that the exam was pretty challenging... Question 9-10 was definately a challenge.

"What the shit is this? Why can't they just call each other up and organise to be on time - Time management PERHAPS?!?"

aRRGGhhhH!!

as you said, that's exactly why i don't look at the last questions in reading time or at the beginning because i know i will get scared, start panicking and have a heart attack. hehe, which is why i do questions 1,2 and 3 during reading time, in my head, so i feel confident with the paper, even though it wasn't all that wonderufl after all.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Q1; Faiulry straightfoward, always allow one silly mistake - 10/12
Q2; Allow another silly mistake - 10/12
Q3; Full marks.
Q4; Full marks.
Q5; Probably lose one mark in part b) proving equilateral triangle - 11/12
Q6; Fucked up b)iii). Stupid question, wrong answer. I put at the 60th minute. 10/12
Q7; Lost about 4 marks here. For the salary questions I sued n=13 rather than n=12. Possibly lost a mark on the graph question too. 7/12
Q8; After fixing up my mistake, full marks.
Q9; Full marks.
Q10; for a)iii) I got x=1/2m I think. Allow wrongness there. For b)iii) I put 17m 34s, but probably should have written it as a fraction of 60 or as 0.29. 1 mark lost there. 9/12

So anything under 105 and I wont be too pleased with myself.

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
intrik8 said:
^_^ I did write that

Jexi

HSC
My eyes are so sore from crying. Damnit.

Time Management sucked. I got up to Q10aii and it was time's up. If I don't make any stupid mistakes I could prolly get 107. But chances are I have silly mistakes of 10 marks. Crap. Oh crap.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
I thought it was fairly 'easy', but then again I didnt have the time to even attempt Q9&10. So thats 24 marks right off the bat. I estimate roughly 80 raw marks all up.

Numero Uno

HSC
dimzi said:
I thought it was fairly 'easy', but then again I didnt have the time to even attempt Q9&10. So thats 24 marks right off the bat. I estimate roughly 80 raw marks all up.
??? that makes no sense... u just contradicted urself
u must be some kind of down
so ill leave you alone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)