How did everyone go? (Discussion) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
word. said:
i got 0.375 for part b
the area was a rectangle across the unit square wasn't it
with corners, (0,1/4), (1/4,0), (3/4,1), (1, 3/4)
soo, the sides are sqrt(1/8) and sqrt(1 1/8),
multiplying base * height = 0.375
so P(they meet) = 0.375/1
okay - you actually calculated it (and prolly got it correct)

i guessed
and got

0.5 ...

TOTALLY OFF

lol

*sigh

Pixydust*

i know this is stupid question but do you reckon its possible an early band 5 (about 81-83) could be moderated to about 90%ish? im pretty sure i got 70's - that was seriously a pathetic exam, but i just wanna know the extent of this moderation business. cheers :D

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
It wasn't an easy exam, the last bits of Q10 really got me! And can you believe I lost marks in Q1...:eek: because I forgot what a³-b³ equals to! Skipped 1-2 questions in Q7 too...probably won't get over 80% raw.

But the loan repayment questions were EASY, haha that's my worst topic!!

LostAuzzie

HSC
word. said:
i got 0.375 for part b
the area was a rectangle across the unit square wasn't it
with corners, (0,1/4), (1/4,0), (3/4,1), (1, 3/4)
soo, the sides are sqrt(1/8) and sqrt(1 1/8),
multiplying base * height = 0.375
so P(they meet) = 0.375/1
This is the area I used to get 7/16, and I'm kinda confused by your explanation as to whether it is similar to the area you used or not.
Anybody else able to answer this question?

jebba_d

word. said:
10a ii) and iii) was too hard
10b iii) was too hard
so basically 6 marks for me
goodie
10a (ii) i thought wasnt too bad for a question 10. i give u that it was pretty hard. all u had to do was find the distance beteen A and B, then sub in the equation that they'd already given u and equate it all out with the stuff they gave u in part (i). u also had to realise that (a-b)^2=(a+b)^2-4ab.

so it was kinda tricky but for a q10 and being worth 2 marks i thught it wasn pretty good

HSC
for Q10b)i)
i said since
0 ≤ x ≤ 1 and 0 ≤ y ≤ 1
and for them to meet it has to be within 15 minutes i.e

0 ≤ x ≤ 1/4 and 0 ≤ y ≤ 1/4

x's time has to be in y's time (i.e overlap- e.g y is there at 12:10 and x rocks up at 12:12)
i.e y-x
but since both y and x are less that 1/4 then
y-x ≤ 1/4
and vice versa for x-y ≤ 1/4

but anyways, i dont even understand my explanation... hopefully it looks like i know what im talking about and fools the markers into giving me marks :)

word.

HSC
oh crap
i thought i did something funny
dw ignore me

ar3nbe

HSC
Mate, out of all the past papers i have dont i have never encounted a more difficult second half to the paper. The questions were long, and hard, and i do 3u aswell, lol.

From what most people have said it seems the exam overall was hard, so dont worry. It will be alligned up by th BOS (like always), and hopefully scaled better aswell. I just pray that thursdays paper isnt as hard tho.

switchblade87

HSC
I FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILED big time!
Raw prediction: 30% < mark < 40%
And I only do 11 units, so its pretty rooted.

rama_v

HSC
What did everyone get for the very last question? Was it 30 minutes (I ended up with a quadratic in t and solved it to get 30 - but im not sure if its right?)

frootloop

HSC
LostAuzzie said:
For the 2nd Part I sketched a diagram with the two lines:
y = x + 1/4 and y = x - 1/4 and found the area between them.
Don't know if what I got was right but I ended up with 7/16 as the probability

Anyone else?
I got that too!

I kept fudging up my diagram! I don't know what the heck was wrong with me. I couldn't draw the lines properly. I finally got a good graph after like the third attempt. LOL. They're such easy lines to draw.

Dane-ger

HSC
I got 7/16 as the probability aswell.
For part (iii) I got about 17.5 minutes. Did anyone else get that?

uwishjellyfish

That exam was to determine the 3 unit ppl from the 4unit ppl wat about those of us that only do 2 unit.... Why put question 9 and especially 10 in when most 2 unit ppl wont be able to do them.. My chances of goin to uni are very slim....

johnny_87

HSC
That question about the time 2 ppl would meet, I didn't know how to do any "official" proof but got 0.375...surely a mark for the correct answer!

And I'm hoping for 50/120! Worst 2 unit test I've ever done (there were worse in ext 1 last year)

Last edited:

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT WAS THE HARDEST 2U TEST EVER ! I LEFT OUT ABOUT 25 MARKS... SO I'M HOPING I GET THE REST RIGHT... I NEED 95/120 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

no more band 6 2u for me. :(

i did 1 mark of question 10.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT WAS THE HARDEST 2U TEST EVER ! I LEFT OUT ABOUT 25 MARKS... SO I'M HOPING I GET THE REST RIGHT... I NEED 95/120 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

no more band 6 2u for me. :(

i did 1 mark of question 10. *sigh*

DeanM

HSC
yea 4 unit'ers have their own exam...
its already been said 100 times but ill say it again... the test was bloody hard, way harder than any 2 unit test ive seen... there were just so many sneaky little steps that EVERY question had... dont feel bad people, like my maths teacher told me, 'if you found it hard, and you were prepared, then everyone else in the state found it hard aswell' ... cheer up folks... not to worry..

my estimated my Raw mark to be 70<RAW<75....
what does everyone else rekon they got ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)