How can I improve my marks to get UAI 98.65? (1 Viewer)

Campione

HSC
Read the syllabus and that should be able to tell you exact specifications on what you must might be tested on. Everything sadly in the syllabus isn't tested on so just follow it.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Just got this from a book called 'Survive year 12'. To start putting yourself into a better self-discipline, I think these can work:

1. Timetable and 'To do' list'.

2. Smartly consider the necessity.

3. Make the most of every spare moment (not like: oh I have free time, let's chat)

4. Say 'No!'

5. Short phone calls.

6. Set goals. (this can be the most difficult, perhaps to me only)

To Kujah:

From most of the people I know, they have to study in the kitchen! Dirty, not enough light, too noisy, can't concentrate and blah blah blah 100 other reasons. If you have your own room, that's the most ideal place anyway. Still a library can supply you, obviously, everything and every resources you need. Library is better off. (not mentioning your travel to it)

Discussing in class or gossiping should be cleared apart. I do talk in class! (Everyone does) Er...but not when the teacher is lecturing 'cuz then you cannot take notes, can miss an important point easily and overall disturb other students!
There's no bad keeping silent, taking notes on your own and asking her/him at the end of the class, doing your own work if you 'know it all' and joining discussion only when necessary.

If you really enjoy sticking to the syllabus, HSC online is perhaps a perfect source, is it not? It provides info and explanation in mostly everything in the syllabus except for some research tasks. I mean, if everyone goes to that website, using the same notes and they get questions on such thingss in HSC tests then everyone can achieve at least 90%, I guess, 'cuz it's like a memory test. 10% is determined by questions such as 'evaluate, assess and so on'. Thus knowing extra stuff can help, right?

To 'Syllabus...' people:

Thanks a lot. I'll learn how to wring the advantages off my teachers more effectively. Ok, make friends with syllabus. (arggg)

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Campione said:
Read the syllabus and that should be able to tell you exact specifications on what you must might be tested on. Everything sadly in the syllabus isn't tested on so just follow it.
You have engish standard written twice in your sig.
and that is an ultra cool BDZ SIG!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If you really enjoy sticking to the syllabus, HSC online is perhaps a perfect source, is it not? It provides info and explanation in mostly everything in the syllabus except for some research tasks. I mean, if everyone goes to that website, using the same notes and they get questions on such thingss in HSC tests then everyone can achieve at least 90%, I guess, 'cuz it's like a memory test. 10% is determined by questions such as 'evaluate, assess and so on'. Thus knowing extra stuff can help, right?
I find the HSC Online website appalling sometimes.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Yes, it is. I don't like it actually. Just mention 'cuz my friends are pampering. boardofstudies website and this site are much better!

BTW, how many unis can we choose? How many courses can we apply?

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
If I am correct, 10 entries when we apply?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Cookie182 said:
hmm your getting the 'standard' tips, but i dont always feel their practical. Every1 is different, consistancy is not always the best method. If u draw up these 'timetables' it will literally last no more then a week-routines can become boring, tedious and hence non-effective. If ur forcing urself to study, then ur not studying as ur mind is distracted i.e. thinking about doing sumthing else.

I got 97.35, its no 98 but it aint bad i guess. The main thing i would say is DONT STRESS THIS EARLY!!! I keep telling every1 that otherwise u will be fucked by the HSC.

My best piece of advice for studying is gain interest. Focus on parts of the course that u do find u like??? Attempt to make it fun or a challenge, discuss it with ur friends. This will sound stupid but basically every1 in my english class use to run around quoting King Lear or BNW- even though we didnt like it, but often ppl would randomly use the quotes in real life. Read other students work!!! Steal THEIR vocabularly and expand ur own- hell i did, particulalry in english.

The HSC is essentially a competition- its a huge playing field and only those that know how to play the game well get over 90 in the end- it is a RANK, so be competitive.

This depends of course on the type of person you are- but fuck anything ethical or moral. Help no one- if u want 98 u gotta be acing ur cohort first. Try and find an advantage in every assessment task. Eg's- i worked out (no one else did) that my economics teacher just used q's from past HSC papers for assessment tasks, taking them from papers since the 2001 specimen. Whilst everyone was busy studying the whole topic, i just went through every paper and learned the answers to the MC and practiced the short answers in relation to the topic. I scored 100 percent in every assessment for economics (bar the trial which was bought from an independent). Also if u do eco, read gittins and use his shit!!!!!!

Dont let anyone in on secrets u might work out- u want to beat ur friends. I ended up ranked first in every subject and that helped me a lot in the end. For maths i figured out that he used past papers from excel, get smart etc... so i studied them along with every single question from our main textbook.

For the sciences, i made summaries every holidays of the new dot points and make sure i ahd the easy ones rote learned- such as "describe contribution of a scientists..." I drew diagrams, had physics and chemistry formulas all over my wall.

History (i did ancient) i jsut made it into one big story- i then focused on learning quotes from historians, and lots and lots of sources- eg the Tomb of Ahmose Son of ebana at El Kab- we quoted stuff lik that to each other at lunch and even when we were pissed at partys. It sounds stupid but it makes it stick. For english read sample package band 6 answers. For King Lear, i used heaps of words written in past answers- learned them the nite of the HSC- gave my essay an edge (although i screwed BNW ran out of time). Make sure u practice timing in english. Find a good story, even if it isnt ur own and use it. What u write in an exam comes from ur memory so its very hard (unless its blatantly obvious) to be accused of plagarism.

Any non-exam assessments- lik posters, assignments- put a hell of a lot of effort in. In fact, u want nothing less then 100 percent for them. These are easy marks.

Overall, play to every advantage and stay ahead of ur year. Go into the HSC at the end of the year with incredible internals and u will be sweet. My mistake was nerves in the end and i was very tired and panicky. I still did well, scoring a few high band 6's particulalry in ancient, economics and chemistry. but i did no where near as well as i did in my trials (would of got me 99+ if i had performed like that). So yea- try and not get in a neg mind frame during the actual exams themselves, although that is very hard to avoid.

Good Luck!!!

thats good advice man!
i will look at my cohort as the disgusting mutants they are, and destroy them with me awesome rank!

vizman

HSC
Cookie182 said:
This depends of course on the type of person you are- but fuck anything ethical or moral. Help no one- if u want 98 u gotta be acing ur cohort first. Try and find an advantage in every assessment task. Eg's- i worked out (no one else did) that my economics teacher just used q's from past HSC papers for assessment tasks, taking them from papers since the 2001 specimen. Whilst everyone was busy studying the whole topic, i just went through every paper and learned the answers to the MC and practiced the short answers in relation to the topic. I scored 100 percent in every assessment for economics (bar the trial which was bought from an independent). Also if u do eco, read gittins and use his shit!!!!!!
i don't think this is a great idea. it can backfire so easily and u'll be pretty much fucked. just have a consistent revision program and know everything according to the syllabus

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
thats good advice man!
i will look at my cohort as the disgusting mutants they are, and destroy them with me awesome rank!
Absolutely!!! thats the way too do it

u can always be friends again after the HSC lol

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
vizman said:
i don't think this is a great idea. it can backfire so easily and u'll be pretty much fucked. just have a consistent revision program and know everything according to the syllabus
im assuming that the person is also consistantly studying, making summaries etc etc im saying look for these added advantages to put u above the rest of ur year, as that should be a major focus. Also im trying to emphasise the use of a wide range of books and resources. Read as much as you can about the subject matter and use a variety of workbooks, sample answers, prac questions and you will find that a lot of it will come up in internal assessments. Plus, even if it doesnt, that knowledge places you in good stead for the actual HSC.

HSC
if you really do want to head down that path and just beat everyone, make sure you help each other after assessments are over because in the hsc exam the results of your school on a whole is taken more into consideration than individual marks/ranks.

also @ the OP: you have 80% of assessments to go. and then you have the hsc. you have plenty of time to make up lost ground :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Cookie182 said:
Absolutely!!! thats the way too do it

u can always be friends again after the HSC lol
depends if i like people studying arts at UWS

LMAO

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
if you really do want to head down that path and just beat everyone, make sure you help each other after assessments are over because in the hsc exam the results of your school on a whole is taken more into consideration than individual marks/ranks.
yea i forgot to mention that. Once the trials are done, help everyone who struggled. Hell give them ur summaries, do whatever. U make a huge turn-a-round from beating them to helping them, as long as your ranked above them.

this is definately a good point to emphasise watatank :)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
depends if i like people studying arts at UWS

LMAO
lol u could always just maintain ur post HSC arseholeness!

vizman

HSC
Cookie182 said:
im assuming that the person is also consistantly studying, making summaries etc etc im saying look for these added advantages to put u above the rest of ur year, as that should be a major focus. Also im trying to emphasise the use of a wide range of books and resources. Read as much as you can about the subject matter and use a variety of workbooks, sample answers, prac questions and you will find that a lot of it will come up in internal assessments. Plus, even if it doesnt, that knowledge places you in good stead for the actual HSC.
fair point cookie.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Cookie182 said:
lol u could always just maintain ur post HSC arseholeness!
ahh tooshaye.
i could just sabotage all the smart people's work at school.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Cookie182 said:
yea i forgot to mention that. Once the trials are done, help everyone who struggled. Hell give them ur summaries, do whatever. U make a huge turn-a-round from beating them to helping them, as long as your ranked above them.

this is definately a good point to emphasise watatank :)
Really cunning :)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
vizman said:
fair point cookie.
thanxs :)

ur advice isnt too bad either- and it must definately work!!! UAI of 99.05 !!!

well done!

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
ahh tooshaye.
i could just sabotage all the smart people's work at school.
HSC espionage at its best...just dont get caught lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)