How badly will I be affected if I did 2 unit in the HSC and want to do engineering? (1 Viewer)

asadhkhan17

HSC
Recently I got a guaranteed offer for engineering at UNSW and I wanted to know how badly I'll be affected if I only did 2 unit maths during the HSC?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: How badly will I be affected if I did 2 unit in the HSC and want to do engineerin

not that much affected

D94

HSC
N/A
Re: How badly will I be affected if I did 2 unit in the HSC and want to do engineerin

Doing 2U or 4U isn't necessarily a determining factor. You could do 4U but be hopeless at it, whereas a 2U student might very well have been cut out for 4U had they done it. You are certainly at a disadvantage in terms of raw knowledge but we can't tell if your raw ability meets that of good 4U students.

plutonium-238

HSC

If you did well in 2unit maths and you have the motivation to learn the 3u content before the start of the semester either through a bridging course or self learning, I strongly recommend you to do engineering. That way, you will not be placed at a considerable disadvantage as opposed to those who did 3u or 4u. Because 3u maths is a continuation of the content learned in 2u maths and slightly more difficult for some, I don't think you'll have much trouble in terms of self learning it

Flop21

HSC

Do the bridging course, I'm doing it, starts next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)