How are you studying for the School Certificate? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
To be honest, after studying hard out for those yearlies+trials which weren't that terrible, I just don't feel like studying for the school certificate at the moment. I'll probably revise 2 weeks before but that's all. Everyone on this thread seems to be studying a lot. So how are you going to study or are studying?

NoFaceValue

HSC
All i've done is planned out what I need to study. I'll probably start some light study in a few days... But to be honest, I don't think the school certificate is worth stressing about; the only problem is Australian History where you need dates and facts.

There's always going to be people hardcore studying. I admire them, but I just don't feel the need to work /that/ hard.

FTW

HSC
In my opinion, I don't think much study is needed, as it is mainly just common sense and what you have learnt over the past 4 years. Occasionally do some practice papers or online multiple choice questions on the board of studies website.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Not much study is needed, except for your subjects like History and Geography.

This is what I did back in Year 10:

English - multiple choice practice (as I suck badly in this)
Mathematics - its a joke really. I studied the day before by looking at past papers
Science: Studied a few days before the exam by looking at past test papers and making notes from the syllabus dot points
History: studied from syllabus dot points + multiple choice. Some of the extended resonse questions you get ARE the syllabus dot points
Geography: same with history
computing skills: what a joke. I didn't study.

you will find that the HSC and Prelim syllabuses are much well structured compared to the SC. In the HSC and Preliminary exams, exam questions follow the structure of the syllabus and what you study is what you're going to be tested on. So don't fret if you don't do well in the SC.

e.g. I got Band 5 - 87 in the SC and now I'm ranked 1st in English! A potential Band 6 in Standard English student!

SC means nothing

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't study.

What you should do, in my opinion, is not study at all. Those are your "base marks". For the HSC, you will study - and you know that even with no study at all, you'll get your "base mark". So really, as most of you are good students (I'm sure) that listen in class and at least get the general gist of things - you'll do fine.

It means nothing at all. Remember that.

Riot09

HSC
im trying to do the past papers for maths and getting explanations on this site.

but other than that im just gonna do the excell and sc books that i bought from the store.

this is what im doing.

history is a easy=just read and write

geo=study youre notes and practice youre awesome map skills

science=online multiple choice and past papers iv pretty much memorised them because our teacher took us to the computer lab and a week later gave past science mc papers out,and go over youre notes for the actual science test not the mostly easy-mc.

english-is b.s really i reckon for the multiple choice the ambigious answer should be right aswell,other than that go over notes,past papers and read as much as you can.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
im trying to do the past papers for maths and getting explanations on this site.

but other than that im just gonna do the excell and sc books that i bought from the store.

this is what im doing.

history is a easy=just read and write

geo=study youre notes and practice youre awesome map skills

science=online multiple choice and past papers iv pretty much memorised them because our teacher took us to the computer lab and a week later gave past science mc papers out,and go over youre notes for the actual science test not the mostly easy-mc.

english-is b.s really i reckon for the multiple choice the ambigious answer should be right aswell,other than that go over notes,past papers and read as much as you can.
what are you aiming for?

This year's year 10 seem a lot more enthusiastic about school than last year's. lol

TLtl

HSC
If you're leaving school this year, study for the SCs but I don't think people can leave at the end of this year anymore...So the SC is basically useless :D
I'm just going to concentrate on studying for the yearlies and then when the SCs come I would just look over stuff five minutes before the test and be like,"Ahahahaa I knooow this...kinda.."

Still still I do have to get good bands to shut my 'rents up. o__O
SC Aim: Band 5 or 6 for all (Probably get band 5 for computers because I did a Computer multiple choice and found out I knew nothing about spreadsheets D:)

How I'm going to study for YEARLIES :(
-Read over books (notes all in there...some not but are in my textbook)
-Look at the nice coloured pictures in the textbooks coz I like nice coloured pictures
-Draw mind maps coz it seems more fun than to write notes
-Write out all the formulas I see in my yr 9 and 10 maths books (erk)
-Answer the PDHPE study guide
-Read over drama shit on the net
-Do the SC multiple choice tests (found out i had no idea what dna was doing this thing so yeh useful. It lets you know you have to learn a bit more stuff.)
-Watching this movie about communism coz i like tv
-Heard that smell triggers your memory or some shit like that. Might spray something and study. (The only spray we've got around the house other than cockroach spray is Air Wick Lavendar 4 in 1 spray.)
-I am supposed to be a visual and a kinasthetic learner (not quite sure how to spell that). So. A lot of people are visuals so use nice coloured pictures, lots of colour in your notes if you are using notes. Kinasthetic. Erm you can write/type up notes. But I get bored and if I'm on a computer I tend to things I'm not supposed to do when I'm studying sooo.. You can chew gum. That's supposed to help you but I get distracted coz i concentrate on chewing rather than studying.
-Listen to music without words. With words I like to sing along :( But absolute silence for me is cool for me...

kaybye><

EDIT1: How long.

silence--

HSC
nothing yet. will do some past papers like a week before maybe.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
In all seriousness, no study is needed. If you're like me and have a good memory, just sit there and absorb the info your friends say out loud before the exam. It'll jog your memory and you'll be good to go.

Otherwise, flick through your yr 9 and 10 exercise books (for everything other than maths and english) and do a few past papers if you're really that worried.

jonowang

HSC
In all seriousness, no study is needed. If you're like me and have a good memory, just sit there and absorb the info your friends say out loud before the exam. It'll jog your memory and you'll be good to go.

Otherwise, flick through your yr 9 and 10 exercise books (for everything other than maths and english) and do a few past papers if you're really that worried.

no study at all. at yeah listening to your friends talk about all the stuff actually works. ive done it many times and i seem to do alright w/o any study

breka

HSC
i dont think i'll be needing much study, i heard over and over that the sc isnt that hard

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
one thing NOT to do is study for the computer skills test
its so easy its not funny
i got 98 by playing flash games the day before

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, when you have a question, "Which button is the play button?" You know it's a bludge.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
sc is meant to be easy coz it has to cater for the "mentally handicapped people"

captainvagina

HSC
you dont need to study for SC

the maths is easy

science is pretty simple

english is pretty basic (you either get speech or story or somthin else simple)

geography and history are probably the ones which actually need a little bit of study

and computing skills is easy as

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)