how are YOU going in ASSESSMENTS? (1 Viewer)

silbi

I've had about 2 assessments in art so far.... one was done pretty recently but because it clashed with another assessment i think i did pretty poorly... well i havnt got the marks back :-/

i was just wondering how everyone else was going...
ranks, scores, how many assessments.. stuff like that...

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Well I just had an art assessment........my first one for the year!
I gave the teacher a draft copy and she said it was really good. So if I haven't mucked it up after the draft copy then I think I went pretty well...

The assessments aren't really that difficult if you read the question and take time.....
:p :p :p :p

gangly_mummy

I have my half yearly's tommorrow.....

.....*Awwwww*.....

I really don't like the whole theory of art... especially in tests because you never know what to study. Heaps of artists? one? GAAAAA.... too many decisions.

So hows your other exams goin?

Ahhh...later mon.

PsyCheDeliC

you dont have to study artists just the conceptual framework and the other frames. they wont be expecting you to memorise the history of an artist or anything like that, i think thats the way it works anyway

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah well i dont do art but most of my mates do and they get TOOOONES of assesments, one after the other. and my mates do music drama and art [all the arts] and they get all the assesssments at the same time and are due at the same time too.

the last assesment they had was to do an essay on 12 artists and 5 periods - something like that...

i dont really get art so yeah. i'll stick to my science :)

Leap

free falling
HSC
The weird thing I find with Art assignments is that the more work I put into it, the worse my marks are, and if I do something at the last minute with barely any effort I always get better marks. :lol:
i was just wondering how everyone else was going...
ranks, scores, how many assessments.. stuff like that...
We've had two theory assesments where we had to write essays, I got 18 out of 20 for both of them, which I was reasonably happy with, and our art diaries have been marked (14/20 :rolleyes: ) we've also had to submit some stuff we've done in class for a 'progress' mark. I handed in 9 large paintings I've done over the term and only got 18/20..hmm, maybe they didn't show 'progress' :confused:
Apart from that, we have a half yearly theory exam in a week.

Uggy

I'm doing an art assessment right now, i was supposed to have finished it yesterday... so i could go out today, but i was to hungover to do anything but spew... so i think im guna get a pretty bad mark hehe.

i have 2 assessments due for art on wednesday, a kinda progress B.O.W and an essay on: How can the Visual Arts challenge cultural traditions?

eep!

pri

HSC
N/A
Im coming equal first in art! well so far...

I got full marks in the first assesment and 18.5/20 in the second. The second was a progress mark and like Leap, I handed in 9 works, (4 drawings 5 paintings of various sizes) which was among the most in the class, but apparently I hadnt progresed enuf. Bah! at least I have my ranking

MiDgEt03

im doing ok my art teacher likes my progress but im only getting in the middle of my class im not doing as good as i would like but i dont get the theory side of art :confused:
I just did an assement on the early peroids of art like early renassice and high renassice (cant spell it lol) and stuff like that we had to choose one artist from each period and one art work by that astist i havent got the markes back but i did alot more work on this one then the last couple.

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Hmmm...our assessment was really cheap :p It was just the art teacher marking our VAPDs :D I like the theory side of art better than the practical....it's very easy to waffle up credible answers in those exams.

Midget-your assessment sounds like a pain in the rear....poor you.

Uggy

i had to hand in my vapd today, i hate the conceptual fromework, artist world crap! *hands up who bullshits most of that?* but i was pretty proud of all the experiments i handed in. Im going to life drawing classes and have got HEAPS of great nudes!!!

craz

HSC
i like art history! once i relate it to my artwork and some of my favourite ones it all makes sense like the conceptual framework, frames etc. I don't how much longer for though for my art teacher's leaving soon.

Leap

free falling
HSC
i had to hand in my vapd today, i hate the conceptual fromework, artist world crap! *hands up who bullshits most of that?*
I totally agree! yeah I always have to bullshit my way through it.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Historic Nude - Case Study

Ok, anyone doing this...
it burns...I mean it's one of those annoying ones...here's the question if you're wondering:

"The depiction of the male nude offers us a significantly diffrent orientation to that of the female nude in the history of western art. Fixed ideologies and beliefs have sustained such differences for more than two thousand years, and still persist in constituting our understandings of gender difference today.

- do you agree/ disagree? refer to like 15 examples etc..."

Any ideas...

I was thinking it mean't that men are traditionally seen as strong, brave etc and women are seen as child bearers etc....

MiDgEt03

I GOT MY MARKS BACK

Ok i got my marks back from that High Reniassance and the rest of the peiods art assement!
I GOT 35/50 ok u might not think that that is good BUT IS IT 4 ME my teacher is very proud of me
Escpecilly good seeing that i only spent 1 week on it and i had it 4 bout2 months lol

PsyCheDeliC

wow all the assessments that everyone else is getting seem ether hard or boring, i should prolly stop complaining about the stuff i get.

the last ssessment tsk we had ws two essay questions on chinease landscape rt and how it has inspired modern artists or something cant remember wat i got for thta cos i lost my marking sheet, but the one before that was on marion borgelt and i got 22/25 for that

i screwed my half yearlies tho cos i missed a whole page of the exam which meant that i ddnt aanswer the qestion right i only got 70% i was a bit pissed about that cos i know i did the essay well

ok enough raanting frfom me hows everyone else doin?

wah i must agree.
my assessments are like so baisic and repetitive that it is getting tediously boring.
our skool doesn;t give us 'difficult' or broad assesments for that matter.
renaissance art? man we dun even talk about thaT!!!!
:D :D

*tasha*

Our art class has become so small that we get some REALLY good art theory lessons in this year but from memory we've only had one assessment due this term or even this year and that's a case study.

Unlike everyone else, it would seem, our class isn't as much fun as the others. Problem is, we have become a class that is very laid back and the teacher has not been enjoying that at all.

Is anyone else experiencing a teacher that completely despises their students? Our art class is going through it now and it's disturbing to say the least...

tash

lalalala
HSC
i don't think our teacher despises any1 exactly but u can tell that she favours some over others- if u play with texture gels then u're on the top of her list!
this term we're having a shocking time with theory cos she's trying 2 teach us stuf on exhibitions and the history of it and a lot of ppl just don't display an interest in it and talk or ask ridiculous questions and the other day she went off at us for being rude and i personally don't blame her!
i don't mind theory 2 much- just some of the content is a bit boring. this assessment on exhibitions is really crazy- we have 2 find info on the curator and about the exbihition from whatever we choose but it's crazy trying 2 find info! if any1 has anything please help me!
i'd rather do more stuff on the history of art rather than conceptual framework etc. we did the nude as well and i found that really interesting.
would other ppl prefer art history or do u find frames and stuf better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)