how are these subjects going to scale? (1 Viewer)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
Maths 2U
English Adv. (might go standard)
Ancient History
Legal Studies
Economics
History Extension (Maybe)

still be possible to get 99+?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Technically it's possible to get 99+ with any combination of subjects.

However, you shouldn't choose subjects based upon scaling, but rather, your interests, the subjects you're good at, and the subjects you enjoy. But, try to choose Advanced as opposed to Standard. ;)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
yeah i enjoy all of them. Still contemplating on whether i should do ext. history or not though lol.

propped for feedback

melli-girl

HSC
Technically it's possible to get 99+ with any combination of subjects.

However, you shouldn't choose subjects based upon scaling, but rather, your interests, the subjects you're good at, and the subjects you enjoy. But, try to choose Advanced as opposed to Standard. ;)
but isn't it true that its better to go really well in standard, then poorly in advanced?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
but isn't it true that its better to go really well in standard, then poorly in advanced?
I'm not sure about that to be honest. All I know is that like 0.6% of the cohort for Standard get 90+, whereas it's like 10% in Advanced.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Also do note that the Standard course is completely different from the Advanced course - and you may have to do catch-up work.

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
yeah i enjoy all of them. Still contemplating on whether i should do ext. history or not though lol.
Do extension history. I love it, I think its the most interesting subject. It can be a lot of work at times but just make sure you ace your major work and START IT EARLY(!!) and you should be sweet :)

saberbladexx

HSC
Maths 2U
English Adv. (might go standard)
Ancient History
Legal Studies
Economics
History Extension (Maybe)

still be possible to get 99+?
Only ancient and HX1 are capped, but not by a significant amount so a 99.95 ATAR is possible with those subjects, so yeah its possible to get 99+.

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about that to be honest. All I know is that like 0.6% of the cohort for Standard get 90+, whereas it's like 10% in Advanced.
Actually they scale basically the same with a decent mark, and its not much harder to get a band 6 in standard, just most people capable of it choose advanced.

I'm aiming for a band 6 in standard. Plus no fucking shitty old books i hate that i'd have to read in advanced =)

loz1

HSC
actually they scale basically the same with a decent mark, and its not much harder to get a band 6 in standard, just most people capable of it choose advanced.

I'm aiming for a band 6 in standard. Plus no fucking shitty old books i hate that i'd have to read in advanced =)
bam that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)