how are offers given out (1 Viewer)

RANK 1

HSC
so im confused about the selection process for which people are given offers and accepted into courses. can some1 explain to me how it works?

D94

HSC
N/A
For the Main Round...

The Universities set a criteria as to how they want UAC to give out offers - it could be top 200, all above a certain ATAR, inclusion of Bonus Points etc. Then UAC simply goes down everyone's choices and if you fit the criteria, you get an offer. They go down your list and every choice has equal chance, so putting a course 6th has equal chance as 1st. It just depends if there is another course higher up the list which you are also applicable for (which in this case, you would get that offer instead, obviously). Then UAC tells you via their website, the Universities have their methods of telling you and how to accept/reject.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Based on supply and demand (using ATAR)

I.e supply is 200 spots demand is 500, top 200 will get it

RANK 1

HSC
For the Main Round...

The Universities set a criteria as to how they want UAC to give out offers - it could be top 200, all above a certain ATAR, inclusion of Bonus Points etc. Then UAC simply goes down everyone's choices and if you fit the criteria, you get an offer. They go down your list and every choice has equal chance, so putting a course 6th has equal chance as 1st. It just depends if there is another course higher up the list which you are also applicable for (which in this case, you would get that offer instead, obviously). Then UAC tells you via their website, the Universities have their methods of telling you and how to accept/reject.
so should i be setting my prefs in order of highest atar cutoff or should i be setting them in order of which one i want to get into the most

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a pretty transparent process. Firstly all the students with 99.95 are allocated to their first preferences. A said course will have X amounts of spots, these will be given to students in descending order of ATAR from 99.95 and the last student to make the course will be called the 'cut-off'. Note: Bonus points are taken into consideration when spots are filled, say a student with 97 ATAR is given 2 bonus points (99) he will be given preference into the course before a student with 98 (excluding bonus points).

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
so should i be setting my prefs in order of highest atar cutoff or should i be setting them in order of which one i want to get into the most
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)