How accurate is the raw marks database? (1 Viewer)

jess_1495

HSC
How accurate is it? Coz I see some marks go all the way from like a band 4 to a band 6.. Is this correct for some subjects?

ocatal

HSC
How accurate is it? Coz I see some marks go all the way from like a band 4 to a band 6.. Is this correct for some subjects?
Yes. Those raw marks are all real, not estimates. It is only the band 6 cutoff which is an estimate. However, with some subjects it is generally difficult to achieve the raw marks listed due to the tight nature of the marking criteria.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
It's all legit raw marks.

Do understand though that the actual cutoffs for each band vary each year, so that's why the same marks for different years have slightly different moderated marks.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
after having doubts about all this. it's pre legit, apart from some individual scerarios where they performed badly but their internals saved them.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
after having doubts about all this. it's pre legit, apart from some individual scerarios where they performed badly but their internals saved them.
That has nothing to do with aligning and raw marks.

They are accurate (as in the actual data, not neccesarily cut off estimates) but HSC marking standards may differ from your schools standards.

Remember that marks don't go from a band X to a band Y. The band descriptors are only for aligned marks.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Remember, your internal marks and the performance of your cohort also play a role. So yeah, don't get too thrilled.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Remember, your internal marks and the performance of your cohort also play a role. So yeah, don't get too thrilled.
That has nothing to do with the aligning of external raw marks to reported external marks. That is moderation of internal marks.

D94

HSC
N/A
They are accurate. These are their (students) raw HSC exam marks, which they had to pay for to receive them.

Last edited:
HSC
Seems pretty legit but it would vary between year to year depending on the difficulty of exams.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
That has nothing to do with the aligning of external raw marks to reported external marks. That is moderation of internal marks.
I know. But to get a Band 6 overall, both moderated and external marks would be averaged right? Yes you can get Band 6 in externals but to get Band 6 overall, your moderated mark must be "moderated" to be in that band too, right?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I know. But to get a Band 6 overall, both moderated and external marks would be averaged right? Yes you can get Band 6 in externals but to get Band 6 overall, your moderated mark must be "moderated" to be in that band too, right?
Which is based on externals...

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Trust me guys, it's legit. I'm not sure why people think it's not. The marks in that database are easily worth a few thousand dollars.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
lol wot, you mean assessment and externals?

That's irrelevant though, they're only talking about external performance. You don't need a b6 in both internal and externals to get a b6 hsc mark, if someone got 89 internally and 95 externally they would still get a b6 hsc mark.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
lol wot, you mean assessment and externals?

That's irrelevant though, they're only talking about external performance. You don't need a b6 in both internal and externals to get a b6 hsc mark, if someone got 89 internally and 95 externally they would still get a b6 hsc mark.
Yeah yeah I know, but both marks have to be high enough to be averaged as a Band 6. That's all I'm trying to say.

Anyway if you're only talking about external marks then yeah that's how you get a Band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)