Honestly, I'm surprised so many of you guys like classic rock. (1 Viewer)

Z

Zeppelin

In particular, Led Zeppelin. I thought I was the last of a dying breed, there are few people I know my age that still appreciate their amazing contribution to music, and the brilliance of their songs. Each of them send a shiver down my spine, and make me feel so blessed that I have had the chance to be a part of their legacy.

Led Zeppelin have had one of the biggest impacts on my life to date, and I honestly don't think I could have passed away the many hours of monotonous study if I hadn't listened to them as I was doing past papers and writing notes.

There is no real point to this topic, other than to give a shout out to all of you who still find that special something in their music. My hats off to you, kids. Spread the word.

Z

Zeppelin

Another thing that surprised me was the "satanic message" in STH, the "red snapper" incident (with a link to Snopes, no less), and much talk about DVDs. I never thought I'd be finding that here. I saw all of that stuff myself, on another message board. Dunno why that surprises me, it just does... o_O

ledzeppelin

HSC
Led Zeppelin are my favourite band of all time and I can't ever see that changing
They are the best band ever

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
"He-took-us-to-a-little-tool-shed-oh-sad-sa-TAN" :D

Oh wait, that's wrong. Don't matter.

Classic rock is good.

Last edited:

Keen

MD
HSC
Oh yeah!
Led Zeppelin are brilliant and I love the Beatles too! Must be the music I was brought up with.

Keen

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They dont make it like they used to

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
There is but one reason that classic rock like Zeppelin and (one of my personal favs) The Pink Floyd is still so well liked by so many people is bacause it is just so good!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
u cant beat good music. and thats what they did, and we appreciate them by creating thread like this

today when i was at the family inn, when we were using the jukebox. 80% was "classic rock"

i am glad all my mates appreciate it.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
also seems to be a bit of a trend these days - liking 'classic' rock. i personally dont care for any modern rock, they all strike me as talentless hacks, but led zeppelin et al = win

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you fellas heard of wolfmother? closest thing we have to plant and co. these days.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i think the reason why people are liking classic rock more and more is because its something that will live on forever, 95% of the music nowadays wont be remembered in 20-30 years, so we want something with longevity, and since it has survived 30 years already... its gunna be liked forever

also... i had heard about wolfmother, and i didnt think they'd be very good, until i heard a song of theirs on the radio, id have to say its pretty good...

Z

Zeppelin

I agree. Almost every single modern band ARE created from a bunch of talentless hacks with uninspired, computer generated music. They won't be remembered in decades to come.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
led Zeppelin rock. sorry, not much said here, but its good to see interest for older music.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Queen, I have a big soft spot for Queen. Zeppelin are pretty good too. My problem is, I was raised on 2WS (yes, back in the days when it was on th am dial...thats how long I've been listening to it) so I hear a fair bit. I don't know much about it, but I really do like it!

More of a Nirvana fan these days though..

wanton-wonton

HSC
Zeppelin said:
Another thing that surprised me was the "satanic message" in STH
That is just silly, even though it makes sense when played backwards, when they were writing the songs and producing it, they had no intention of playing it backwards whatsoever. It was just pure conincidence, and a very stupid one. :mad:

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
That is just silly, even though it makes sense when played backwards, when they were writing the songs and producing it, they had no intention of playing it backwards whatsoever. It was just pure conincidence, and a very stupid one. :mad:
Id say so!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)