Honestly, I'm surprised so many of you guys like classic rock. (2 Viewers)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Classic rock is really popular now days. I post on the IGN Vestibule and all the kids there listen to bands like Floyd, The Who and Zeppelin. I think its probably because of the fact that all the mainstream rock music being made now days is purile commercial shit.

That said, there have been a lot of good bands within the last twenty-five years, but you have to look for them more.

Revolution

HSC
Zeppelin said:
In particular, Led Zeppelin. I thought I was the last of a dying breed, there are few people I know my age that still appreciate their amazing contribution to music, and the brilliance of their songs. Each of them send a shiver down my spine, and make me feel so blessed that I have had the chance to be a part of their legacy.
I wholeheartedly agree. Led Zeppelin are one of the most talented and mystical classic rock bands, even if these days not so many younger people listen to 'em much anymore, as you said. Personally I've been listening to LZ for a few years now (since I was about 13 or 14), and to me their songs have always sent a 'shiver' down my spine too :] Houses of the Holy is definitely my favourite album with songs like The Ocean, The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song (although LZ II and 'Untitled' (LZ IV) come close as my favourite albums, but I love 'em all :)) Sure, Jimmy Page may have 'borrowed' more than a few riffs here and there, but in all honesty there has been no other band that has combined classic blues rock in so many ways (Middle-Eastern: "Kashmir", reggae: "D'yer Mak'er", and on and on). Really the only way for someone to appreciate the true beauty of Led Zeppelin is to listen to all of their albums, and watching The Song Remains The Same and the Led Zeppelin DVD would help too!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)