Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Cazic

HSC
Your head is just something you use to put a hat on isn't it?

Our reasons against homosexuality are religious, and you obviously don't grasp even the faintest understanding of our faith, so I would put it to you that you wouldn't even be able to empathize us on why we oppose it.

I have never suggested the infringement of a persons right to choose who they have sex with (be it male or female). I have never suggested that homosexuality or, more importantly homosexual sex should be outlawed.

Discouraging an unhealthy perverted lifestyle is hardly discrimination. I don't believe homosexual people are any different from heterosexual people. To me, they are all the same, people, made by God in His image, and entrusted with the free will to govern their own actions.

Its tragic however that some people choose to reject Gods love and callously offend Him by choosing to engage in sexually perverted relationships which He has expressly forbade us (as in all people) from participating in. This does not make homosexual people any more evil than the rest of us however. We are all sinners.

It is the pride that the homosexual takes in his/her sin (homosexuals are not the only people to take pride in sin, but this debate is about homosexuality so I will refrain from mentioning additional examples) and their demand for their actions to be accepted and tolerated (even by those who have strong moral and religious objections to homosexuality) that we object to.
Mind clearing that up for me? Are you saying our law transcends God's law?

Name_Taken

HSC
Where did you get this from? CROC?
1. The child shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by his or her parents.

Note the use of the word, parents as opposed to "legal guardians". Even CROC recognizes a child's right to be raised by their own parents (mother, father) as opposed to some lesser guardianship such as adoption by homosexual couple.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Our reasons against homosexuality are religious, and you obviously don't grasp even the faintest understanding of our faith, so I would put it to you that you wouldn't even be able to empathize us on why we oppose it.
Alright. You and your kind are against homosexuality. But what about all those other things that the bible go forbids? What are you ignoring them?

And here's a line you might recognise: "I'll do what I want, cus this is my life."

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
1. The child shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by his or her parents.

Note the use of the word, parents as opposed to "legal guardians". Even CROC recognizes a child's right to be raised by their own parents (mother, father) as opposed to some lesser guardianship such as adoption by homosexual couple.
Wtf. Does it explicity say: M-O-T-H-E-R and F-A-T-H-E-R?

Name_Taken

HSC
Mind clearing that up for me? Are you saying our law transcends God's law?
God gave you free will. I agree with societies laws to the extent that they should enable us to exercise this free will to a broad degree, even to commit actions which are morally deplorable, eg. homosexual sex. Obviously we have the free will, even to commit murder, but this should be restricted as it would infringe on the rights of others (homosexuality in comparison, can be practiced consentually). This does not mean that homosexuality is ok, it is still very wrong, but I respect another person's right to govern their own actions (as other people practice other religions, and I respect that).

Just because society permits homosexuality, does not mean it should be encouraged, for it is still wrong.

People should not be encouraged to commit sin, but should be entitled to do so under their free will, to the extend that they are not infringing on the rights of others.

The Bible teaches us to abide by the rules and laws of society (even if they may seem strange) as long as they do not restrict us practicing our faith. Forcing people to accept and tolerate (let alone encourage) homosexuality is an infringement of our right to see homosexuality for what it is, a sinful and immoral choice which perverts God gift of sex.

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC
Wtf. Does it explicity say: M-O-T-H-E-R and F-A-T-H-E-R?
You quoted CROC as support to your case, but you are not even familiar with what it even says. Sigh.

It says parents. However in other clauses it specifically says parents or legal guardians. Parents refer to the biological parents of the child (so yes, their mother and father), as opposed to legal guardians, who could be anyone who adopted them.

Name_Taken

HSC
Alright. You and your kind are against homosexuality. But what about all those other things that the bible go forbids? What are you ignoring them?
This thread is specifically about homosexuality, "Homosexuality in Australia". If its title was "Sex-Before Marriage in Australia" I wouldn't be talking about homosexuality bud. ;)

And here's a line you might recognise: "I'll do what I want, cus this is my life."
I respect that. I'm not going to propose a motion which outlaws homosexuality or restricts people from participating in it (and I wouldn't support one which does, believe it or not), but that doesn't mean I have to accept it as a healthy alternative lifestyle or exercise tolerance through not condemning it for being immoral and wrong, let alone encourage others to accept it and participate in it.

And from Comatose:
"I hate living without you,
Dead wrong, to ever doubt you,
But my deamons lay in waiting,
Tempting me away."

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
You quoted CROC as support to your case, but you are not even familiar with what it even says. Sigh.

It says parents. However in other clauses it specifically says parents or legal guardians. Parents refer to the biological parents of the child (so yes, their mother and father), as opposed to legal guardians, who could be anyone who adopted them.
Parents: One who begets, gives birth to, or nurtures and raises a child.

Nothing about mother or father. I mean, Croc should have specifically stated that the child has a right to a mother AND father, so the term "parents" is open to interpretation. And does the right apply if the child was in a single parent family (probably not, since in your eyes, parents has to mean mother and father). Now what if the child was an orphan with no parents? BOO HOO

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Your head is just something you use to put a hat on isn't it?

I have never suggested the infringement of a persons right to choose who they have sex with (be it male or female). I have never suggested that homosexuality or, more importantly homosexual sex should be outlawed.

Discouraging an unhealthy perverted lifestyle is hardly discrimination. I don't believe homosexual people are any different from heterosexual people. To me, they are all the same, people, made by God in His image, and entrusted with the free will to govern their own actions.
Why not prohibit it legally, as we prohibit other immoral behaviour such as drug taking, the censorship of offensive media etc...

If the state is to be ideally an expression of the will of god, and there is a necessary relationship between church and state (as I believe you've mentioned before), what greater discouragement can there be than legal prohibition and penalties for this behavior?

Why discourage people with words and not legislation?
Would you support the legalization of all drugs, and merely say they should be 'discouraged with strong words'.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
This thread is specifically about homosexuality, "Homosexuality in Australia". If its title was "Sex-Before Marriage in Australia" I wouldn't be talking about homosexuality bud. ;)
Oh goodie, you got me there.

But answer this, why are you willing to let a bunch of other things forbidden in the bible slip, but you just won't let this homosexuality thing go?

I respect that. I'm not going to propose a motion which outlaws homosexuality or restricts people from participating in it (and I wouldn't support one which does, believe it or not), but that doesn't mean I have to accept it as a healthy alternative lifestyle or exercise tolerance through not condemning it for being immoral and wrong, let alone encourage others to accept it and participate in it.
You don't have to accept it. It's like you're going to participate in it. (or are you just curious?;)

And from Comatose:
"I hate living without you,
Dead wrong, to ever doubt you,
But my deamons lay in waiting,
Tempting me away."
Here (right here)
Right now (right now)
I'll stand my ground, and never back down!

allzy

HSC
God gave you free will. I agree with societies laws to the extent that they should enable us to exercise this free will to a broad degree, even to commit actions which are morally deplorable, eg. homosexual sex. Obviously we have the free will, even to commit murder, but this should be restricted as it would infringe on the rights of others (homosexuality in comparison, can be practiced consentually). This does not mean that homosexuality is ok, it is still very wrong, but I respect another person's right to govern their own actions (as other people practice other religions, and I respect that).
How much of what you are saying is just what has been preached to you by your parents and parish, and you are just spewing it up??
And before you decide to have a go at me...I come from a very Christian background, and although I myself am not religious, my family doesn't have any problem with homosexuality.
I think you should consider your beliefs on this subject....it's pretty obvious that homosexual couples should be given the same opportunities (marriage) as any other couple.
Who gives a shit what the bible says? Not me. eg, the Psalms say that humans have been full of sin since the day they were born....I find that hardly anywhere near credible.
And for the record, I know a homosexual couple who have a daughter, and they are some of the best parents I know; they are loving, kind, gentle, just and very compassionate. Maybe you should try a bit of compassion to those who aren't allowed to marry the one they love. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
So there.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
How much of what you are saying is just what has been preached to you by your parents and parish, and you are just spewing it up??
And before you decide to have a go at me...I come from a very Christian background, and although I myself am not religious, my family doesn't have any problem with homosexuality.
I think you should consider your beliefs on this subject....it's pretty obvious that homosexual couples should be given the same opportunities (marriage) as any other couple.
Who gives a shit what the bible says? Not me. eg, the Psalms say that humans have been full of sin since the day they were born....I find that hardly anywhere near credible.
And for the record, I know a homosexual couple who have a daughter, and they are some of the best parents I know; they are loving, kind, gentle, just and very compassionate. Maybe you should try a bit of compassion to those who aren't allowed to marry the one they love. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
So there.
Shuttle_bus is that you?

Name_Taken

HSC
Oh goodie, you got me there.

But answer this, why are you willing to let a bunch of other things forbidden in the bible slip, but you just won't let this homosexuality thing go?
What were you thinking of as an example?

You don't have to accept it. It's like you're going to participate in it. (or are you just curious?;)
Haha I've been through that phase :p

But just because I can empathise (to a degree mind you) with why you do it, doesn't make it right at all. It's still a choice for the individual.

I disagree with it being encouraged (especially as healthy) to any extent. The law can protect people who engage in homosexual sex without having to promote it and encourage it.

On the other hand I strongly disagree with descimination and hate crimes against people who participate in it (like people assaulting gays or w.e). Its also horrible that gay people have assaulted Christians and damaged Church property. Now not every gay person holds animosity towards the Church as not every Christian holds animosity towards homosexuals (it is possible to frown upon homosexuality without disliking homosexual people). We frown upon the act, and not the people.

Here (right here)
Right now (right now)
I'll stand my ground, and never back down!
I’m at war with the world and they,
Try to pull me into the dark,
I struggle to find my faith,
As I’m slippin’ from your arms.
It’s getting harder to stay awake,
And my strength is fading fast,
You breathe into me at last;

I’m awake I’m alive,
Now I know what I believe inside!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
What were you thinking of as an example?
Oh you know... like those ridiculous ones. Like how you're forbidden from eating shell-fish, or working on the sabbath, or stoning people for the most ridiculous reasons.

I’m at war with the world and they,
Try to pull me into the dark,
I struggle to find my faith,
As I’m slippin’ from your arms.
It’s getting harder to stay awake,
And my strength is fading fast,
You breathe into me at last;

I’m awake I’m alive,
Now I know what I believe inside!
Oh you are just priceless mate. :p

Name_Taken

HSC
And I'm sure they frown upon the religion (Christianity), and not the people (Christians).
Well, thats their choice, and I respect their position (won't stop them from saying that I frown upon it). Just as I would in turn, expect them to respect mine (likewise expecting them to frown upon mine).

Personal attacks prove nothing and are those which spread the hate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)