Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm a little lost...

When exactly did God create marriage?

Was it during the late Eocene epoch (55-38 million yrs ago) when our Prosiminian ancestors took the Anthropoidian evolutionary track?
It's implied in Adam and Eve - that man and woman are meant to be one in love, under God. After that it is referred to many times (in both the first and second covenant) and inferred by the unique monotheism of Christianity itself

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It's implied in Adam and Eve - that man and woman are meant to be one in love, under God. After that it is referred to many times (in both the first and second covenant) and inferred by the unique monotheism of Christianity itself
So how did the other religions come across "Marriage"?

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
That doesn't suggest that God created marriage, and in any event the concept of a legally binding 'union' between man and woman didn't exist around the time of Adam and Eve.

The concept of a ceremony whereby a union is acknowledged in the eyes of God and the law was created by people. Regardless of whether it was influenced by the scriptures (which for all intents and purposes are largely irrelevant to todays society given the massive gaps in translation)

One such gap is the difference in the meaning of the word virgin

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Does that mean incest is a requisite for relationships? That seems to be an implication also.

And inferences do not count, Iron, they are human fallacies.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That doesn't suggest that God created marriage, and in any event the concept of a legally binding 'union' between man and woman didn't exist around the time of Adam and Eve.

The concept of a ceremony whereby a union is acknowledged in the eyes of God and the law was created by people. Regardless of whether it was influenced by the scriptures (which for all intents and purposes are largely irrelevant to todays society given the massive gaps in translation)
No. God created Man and Woman as seperate beings destined to be one together, under His love. Through the love that binds them to eachother and God, new life is brought into the world. It is a symbol of our actual, living faith. 1+1=3.

The evolution of the actual legal ceremony is less interesting. The point is that it is a union ordained by God from the dawn of man.
No to incest - adam and eve are essentially symbols hi Kami

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Does that mean incest is a requisite for relationships? That seems to be an implication also.

And inferences do not count, Iron, they are human fallacies.
Adam and Eve gave birth to two sons.

Of course its incest.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The evolution of the actual legal ceremony is less interesting. The point is that it is a union ordained by God from the dawn of man.
And yet there is other religions that perform marriages and some of these religions pre-date Christinality.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
And yet there is other religions that perform marriages and some of these religions pre-date Christinality.
Why, no matter! Theyre all responding to an urge which their universal creator endowed them with

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Why, no matter! Theyre all responding to an urge which their universal creator endowed them with
You said YOUR God created marriage, how did other religions gods create Marriage then.

Seriously, Religion is the best work of fiction i have seen, sure its highly incestuous in the ORIGINAL bible and more boring then watching paint dry, but it should never be allowed into governing bodies or conflict with normal peoples views.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I am not intimate with other religions, but we are satisfied by saything that there is One God, who all human beings have a sense of and conscience from. There's not this religion and that religion and no religion etc - it's more helpful to say that there are good people and bad people. The good people have a sense of this one God, in varying levels of broadness, naturally want to get married to someone of the opposite sex and share their life with them, and create life anew. This is love and it is good!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
There has never been "One God".

God is only another word used to describe a Supernatural entity that governs some part of the world.

You have Satan and "God"

Ancient Egyptian Religion had more then ten.

Hinduism also has several.

There is no "One God" so stop trying to hold a monopoly on Marriage.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
And we reach the essential problem.

Just because another person or people think something different to me doesnt mean that my values are any less true. Can you understand this?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, you can abide from your views if you want, but Religion should never play a role in governing bodies or affect the lives of others who do not wish to live under the same views as yours.

xJaix

HSC
From what I've read, I see certain people trying to push/enforce their views on others.

What two people do behind closed doors is none of your business and you should not be interfering. It does not affect you in any way shape or form that two people are recognized as a couple through a civil union. It's not like they were asking to be recognized under Gods love.

If in the end it turns out they did the wrong thing, I'm sure they will pay for it. (should there be a God) I don't see why people feel the need to interfere in the lives of homosexuals. You wouldn't care if they suddenly ceased to exist but you care about what they do/are behind closed doors

It is one thing to advise someone on their 'wrong doings' but another thing to stop them doing it. IMO you're doing more damage than good by 'stopping' them doing what they would like to do. It pushes people further away from religion.

Stop judging, it was never left up to you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)