Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
Look im straight.. I believe that no matter straight or homosexual everyone should be treated the same.. Just because some people like the same sex doesn't mean that they should be treated like shit.. Let them get married and all that, honestly is it really that big of a deal???

Random_dude

HSC
Look im straight.. I believe that no matter straight or homosexual everyone should be treated the same.. Just because some people like the same sex doesn't mean that they should be treated like shit.. Let them get married and all that, honestly is it really that big of a deal???
yes it is. because of outlandish, outspoken, and downright narrow-minded idiots who do not like it and thus to prove themselves correct, and what do they find, a book containing morals, values and social constrictions from 19 centuries ago and older.

spyro14

HSC
Let them get married and all that, honestly is it really that big of a deal???
My viewpoint aside, I can really understand why homosexual marriage is something so heavily opposed. Marriage is religious for what other reason is there of having it apart from being viewed differently for financial and property matters.

So now for my opinion, give them the rights of marriage but there can't be any connection to a Church or that magic M word.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
My viewpoint aside, I can really understand why homosexual marriage is something so heavily opposed. Marriage is religious for what other reason is there of having it apart from being viewed differently for financial and property matters.

So now for my opinion, give them the rights of marriage but there can't be any connection to a Church or that magic M word.
Except for the fact that marriage did not have its basis in a religious ceremony, and religion (specifically Judaic religions in this context) didn't get involved until like the 12th century or something.

spyro14

HSC
Except for the fact that marriage did not have its basis in a religious ceremony, and religion (specifically Judaic religions in this context) didn't get involved until like the 12th century or something.
Origin doesn't matter in these circumstances. I'm sure most Christians consider it to be a Christian practice. Ohh and the "or something" is really reassuring.

Lentern

HSC
Origin doesn't matter in these circumstances. I'm sure most Christians consider it to be a Christian practice. Ohh and the "or something" is really reassuring.
That's about is relevant as saying "I'm sure most agnostics don't consider it to be a Christian practice".

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Pay no heed to Kway. She is the omie_jay of the forum.

The fact is that we trace marriage back to the very first man and woman - the union under God of Adam and Eve. When God is taken out of this union, we are doomed to be banished from His grace.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a read yourself. It's pretty enlightening, especially since the institution of marriage itself predates recorded history (and, by extension, Christianity).

Lentern

HSC
Pay no heed to Kway. She is the omie_jay of the forum.

The fact is that we trace marriage back to the very first man and woman - the union under God of Adam and Eve. When God is taken out of this union, we are doomed to be banished from His grace.
What about (mouths) Lilith.

Alas Kwayera withdraw your reputation I was refering to the myth about Adams first wife Lilith not Frasier Cranes.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Because wikipedia knows everything?
Oh for fuck's sake, not this again. Articles submitted to Wikipedia are generally reliable and well-referenced, no matter what your school tells you. Don't believe it/me? Read the citations.

spyro14

HSC
My point is this, regardless of where marriage originated or when it came about, I can find no reason at all why anyone should bother getting married if not for a religious purpose other than how you become viewed for legal purposes. So if Christians find it to be holy Sanctity, then who are you or homosexuals to take it away from them. My alternative should be sufficient where gays can be accepted as couples but not *married* couples. It's nothing more than a case of them wanting what they can't have. Please don't rip me apart for saying that just for the sake of it.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
My point is this, regardless of where marriage originated or when it came about, I can find no reason at all why anyone should bother getting married if not for a religious purpose other than how you become viewed for legal purposes. So if Christians find it to be holy Sanctity, then who are you or homosexuals to take it away from them. My alternative should be sufficient where gays can be accepted as couples but not *married* couples. It's nothing more than a case of them wanting what they can't have. Please don't rip me apart for saying that just for the sake of it.
I don't find marriage to be holy. Does that mean I shouldn't get married because it might offend Christians who DO find it holy?

Why do Christians have a monopoly on marriage when it wasn't theirs to begin with?

Excuse me while I go and desecrate a copy of the bible.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I don't find marriage to be holy. Does that mean I shouldn't get married because it might offend Christians who DO find it holy?

Why do Christians have a monopoly on marriage when it wasn't theirs to begin with?

Lame, tbh.

spyro14

HSC

Seems to me like you're worse towards Christians than what they are towards homosexuals.

Excuse me while I spit on your university degree's.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lame, tbh.
No, that's what he's saying. I shouldn't do it because it would offend Christians. Gays shouldn't get married because it offends their sense of the holiness of marriage.

Well, bugger that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)