Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
I dont want to argue it friends
My ears just pricked when I saw claims that the NT is for the gays
Well if that verse is the best you've got, I'd say it's safe to assume that the NT is homosexual friendly.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Re: Romans 1:27.

That is so ambiguous, especially after multiple translations.
is this it?
:
Because of this , God gave them over to shameful lusts.
Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.
Men committed indecent acts with other men , and received in themselves due penalty for their perversion.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
boris said:
Well if that verse is the best you've got, I'd say it's safe to assume that the NT is homosexual friendly.
Youre right, Christ never mentions it.
But this is St Paul, the interpreted head of the entire Church. These are practically his opening lines.
Go and read them in peace

boris

Banned
HSC
So basically we can say without evidence to the contrary, that Jesus loves gays and that it's merely the act of homosexual sex that he disapproves of.

So having anal sex with a guy makes you no less of a deviant in Gods eyes than me or anybody else who has had premarital sex?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Iron said:
Romans 1:27
Interesting, I thought there was nothing in the new testament, I've only ever heard the legendary Leviticus 18:22 quoted
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

But I guess it is an abomination in the eyes of god, post Jesus.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Uh, without evidence I think it's safer not to imply that Jesus was for it.

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Uh, without evidence I think it's safer not to imply that Jesus was for it.
Why is it safer?

If Jesus was honestly hell bent against homosexuality, the Bible would be littered with concise verses regarding the topic.

If every other ascept of morality is documented and detailed in great length, as most sins are, then why isn't there a clear cut verse outlining Jesus's hate for homosexuals?

Thus it leads me to believe that Jesus was not against homosexuals, and until there is solid evidence to the contrary, Jesus is a bigger fag enabler than Kylie Minogue is.

lol fag enabler, those WBC kids are wacky.

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
you'd think so, but for a perfect god, the guy is pretty crypic with the information he give us. sometime you'd almost think MAYBE HUMAN BEINGS MADE THE SHIT UP!
The thought...never...crossed my mind...at all.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha yeah I'm curious as to how a God expects us to live in a particular way when there are rarely hard-and-fast rules on things.

Maybe the book shouldn't have been written in metaphors.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think your jist is right. Christ and St Paul are different. Some argue that Paul twisted and diluted Christ for the sake of building the Church organisation, that Paul led a counter-revolution back to a more rigid, judaic world-view

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
I think your jist is right. Christ and St Paul are different. Some argue that Paul twisted and diluted Christ for the sake of building the Church organisation, that Paul led a counter-revolution back to a more rigid, judaic world-view
Ever read The Inquisition? It's by some guys who wrote some other book about some other stuff.
Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, that's them.

Yeah well this book is basically why I'll never take the Church or the Bible at face value, ever.

Alvik

HSC
The bible needs to be put into context.

It doesn't even deal with homosexuality because it has no concept of it. There were no Greek words nor Hebrew words for human sexuality. You can't take the bible literally in such modern times.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
You'd think within 2000 years he'd give us a brief update. With so many non christian religions and "unethical" practices today, surely he could at least appear briefly from the clouds and give us a few guiding remarks.
Haha yeah!
"ok guys, I see what you're doing here and it's nice, but here's some ways you can improve"

Seriously, if he just came out of the clouds and told us, I think we'd all listen, rather than arguing over what he meant.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Alvik said:
The bible needs to be put into context.

It doesn't even deal with homosexuality because it has no concept of it. There were no Greek words nor Hebrew words for human sexuality. You can't take the bible literally in such modern times.
the bible does deal with homosexuality

Romans 1:26

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable

1 Corinthians 6:9

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

And you can take the bible literally in modern times.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I really, really don't recommend taking the bible literally in modern times.

Up for a good stoning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)