Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Either way, if gay marriage were instigated tomorrow, I would not take to the streets in protest - even being religiously inclined to disagree with it.
???
Coward???
I would join the intitial wave of knee-jerk opposition, then take on something quieter and more dignified like silent group protests by candle light every week at the relevant local authority

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I admit that much of the case against homosexuality has a religious slant.

If I were not religous, there would still be arguements against homosexuality (public health for one, among others; it not being natural, many people still find it a sensitive issue regardless of religion etc).

To be perfectly honest, I would almost definitely still vote against gay marriage, and gay adoption, but would take a more indifferent approach to the entire affair. Either way, if gay marriage were instigated tomorrow, I would not take to the streets in protest - even being religiously inclined to disagree with it.
1. What is the public health issue? I'm guessing HIV/AIDS? If so, how is unprotected homosexual sex any different than unprotected heterosexual sex? HIV/AIDS is a huge problem in parts of Africa regardless of sexuality, and is mostly due to a lack of health resources and safe sex education.

2. Homosexuality occurs naturally in various animal species, thus it is natural. Homosexuality is no more "unnatural" than red-hair, or green eyes.

3. Please elaborate on this "sensitive issue" argument, and why it holds any validity at all?

Name_Taken

HSC
???
Coward???
I would join the intitial wave of knee-jerk opposition, then take on something quieter and more dignified like silent group protests by candle light every week at the relevant local authority
I can't even vote yet...

I'll be much more of an active citizen once I graduate from high school and can actually play a more substancial role in how this country is governed.

Name_Taken

HSC
1. What is the public health issue? I'm guessing HIV/AIDS? If so, how is unprotected homosexual sex any different than unprotected heterosexual sex? HIV/AIDS is a huge problem in parts of Africa regardless of sexuality, and is mostly due to a lack of health resources and safe sex education.

2. Homosexuality occurs naturally in various animal species, thus it is natural. Homosexuality is no more "unnatural" than red-hair, or green eyes.

3. Please elaborate on this "sensitive issue" argument, and why it holds any validity at all?
All of them have been covered in the last 50 odd pages. I honeslty can't be bothered retyping everything I've been saying over and over (you're definately not the only person asking the same questions).

If you want more info, post after you've finished reading and I'll give you some links.

red-butterfly

HSC
Name_taken... seriously... the fact that your pushing your beliefs on to others...

you're all about judging a person based on their sexuality. you should stop judging and try to accept the fact that the world is changing and being far more progressive than any of the churches or religious places.

You're going to ahve to accept it ok!~?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
@nametaken
You will be hated by all because of my name. But not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your souls.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I admit that much of the case against homosexuality has a religious slant.

If I were not religous, there would still be arguements against homosexuality (public health for one, among others; it not being natural, many people still find it a sensitive issue regardless of religion etc).

To be perfectly honest, I would almost definitely still vote against gay marriage, and gay adoption, but would take a more indifferent approach to the entire affair. Either way, if gay marriage were instigated tomorrow, I would not take to the streets in protest - even being religiously inclined to disagree with it.
rofl public health

public health is the #1 argument against... the fucking catholic church

CONDOMS SPREAD AIDS

Name_Taken

HSC
Name_taken... seriously... the fact that your pushing your beliefs on to others...

you're all about judging a person based on their sexuality. you should stop judging and try to accept the fact that the world is changing and being far more progressive than any of the churches or religious places.

You're going to ahve to accept it ok!~?
You have got to be joking....

Can't you see that they are preaching to society and people with religious morals such as myself that homosexuality is ok, and natural and a healthy alternative?

They are just as much forcing their belief on me and the Church as you claim I am on them.

I don't judge anyone on their sexuality, one of my friends as school is gay, I havn't ex-communicated him at all (though he knows where I stand).

Change is not always for good.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
All of them have been covered in the last 50 odd pages. I honeslty can't be bothered retyping everything I've been saying over and over (you're definately not the only person asking the same questions).

If you want more info, post after you've finished reading and I'll give you some links.
If your secular arguments are logical and coherent, you should be able to summarise them in one post, or at the very least reply to the other questions I asked in my reply to your vague and unconvincing reasons.

You not being bothered to argue your point really only shows how unsubstantiated your arguments are, and how you lack the ability to convey logical arguments in opposition to homosexuality.

You can't be bothered to convey logical arguments, yet you constantly spew your unfounded negative view of homosexuality? It seems that you are really only using religion as a facade for your own bigotry towards homosexuality - rather than opposing homosexuality as part of your religious beliefs.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
You have got to be joking....

Can't you see that they are preaching to society and people with religious morals such as myself that homosexuality is ok, and natural and a healthy alternative?

They are just as much forcing their belief on me and the Church as you claim I am on them.

I don't judge anyone on their sexuality, one of my friends as school is gay, I havn't ex-communicated him at all (though he knows where I stand).

Change is not always for good.
Who the hell are "they"?

Guess what, homosexuality is natural, it occurs in nature, people are born gay, fucking deal with it.

Giving people the right to marry isn't forcing anything on you, unless you can explain how it is?

BlackDragon

HSC
Who the hell are "they"?

Guess what, homosexuality is natural, it occurs in nature, people are born gay, fucking deal with it.

Giving people the right to marry isn't forcing anything on you, unless you can explain how it is?
Yes. It is common for male chimpanzees to masturbate each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)