• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Holiday (1 Viewer)

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
So who's doing what in terms of IT during the holidays?

I'm gona try and improve my VB 2005 programming. There's no VB2005 books yet but I've got a lot of .NET e-books so I'm going to work on them. I'm up to page 31 / 1100 :D! Hopefully this knowledge will help me with my SDD assignment. For once I'm going to try and learn a language properly.

So what are you guys doing? Just playing games?

jonathan109

HSC
N/A
You silly man, targetting for the .NET 2.0 Framework is silly right now, you might be learning redundant aspects, as Whidbey is months away from hitting RTM. There are still many things that are changing consistently, i'd advise you to program against .NET 1.1 instead for now, until .NET 2.0 is RTM then move over.

santaslayer

HSC
My holiday isn't comming anytime soon. I just started second half of the 1st term. :(

Cleaning up XP...once i do get my break...and fixing my stoopid ipod.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Arvin Sloane said:
Waiting for Adobe CS 2 to come out. And then paying another thousand for it and assorted training books.

Only to use Picasa.
wow u pay money for software?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Collecting info 4 my IPT major work, editing video, audio and images 4 it... I would like to learn something like Vbasic if i get a chance...at the moment i only know HMTL LOL.

Adrian.

HSC
Buy a new modem (external serial 56k) that will work in Linux and install Debian again (I've been using windows since I canceled my ADSL account).

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Once I'm set with .Net I'll learn C#, it seems C# is the shit now.

sladehk

le random
HSC
HellVeN said:
Once I'm set with .Net I'll learn C#, it seems C# is the shit now.
Is there any major difference between C++ and C#?

fatmuscle

HSC
yes, but i don't know enough about programming to tell you. anything i say will just show my stupidity in the programming world. hello world.

IT eh... i think during my break i will be learning OH&S

HSC
During the midsession holiday I'll be overseas, but hopefully getting quite a bit of work done on a major software project. During the summer break it will be industry placement at somewhere elite, hopefully (Hey Ian, how about your house?) :)

fatmuscle

HSC
lol, my place isn't exactly elite!

the most technologically advanced piece of equipment in my house is probably my microwave

jonathan109

HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
Is there any major difference between C++ and C#?
Of course, C# is Managed Code, C++ is Unmanaged code, however if you program against the Microsoft .NET Framework you can opt to dev in C++ Managed code, every language has it's uniqueness, it''s not all about syntax, it's the way you do things in the language, some languages are more strongly typed or some languages have more things in which you have to find other means of achieving in other languages if that particular language does not have it.

Although i'm not a C++ Developer, i know that the recent introduction to Generics is dubbed to be what C++ offered, templates.

malkin86

HSC
sunny said:
I will be working at Whitesmiths starting next semester.
Ooh! I know someone who works there, he's in the graphix department, I think. He really likes it there, they're heaps nice. Which department will you be working in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)