Holding onto plates after selling a car (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

acronical

HSC
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/plates-labels.html

By what's given there, I'm assuming it refers to keeping the plates while the car is yours. I think you can reserve the plates possibly, but you may have to re-register the car under new plates before you sell simply because there may be transfer of onwership issues involved through private sales, but I'm not too sure. Honestly your best bet is literally going to an RMS and asking them in person what you can do to keep them. Given that no-one replied here for a while now, I doubt anyone here has much to say on the matter. So yeah get it checked out with the RMS and you'll avoid the hassles. If you aren't in direct contact with RMS in person, then you may have a difficult time finding someone to talk to without wasting quite a bit of your time. If you can't go in person yourself, maybe get a friend to go in person and ask about the enquiry for you and then get them to tell you what to do.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
You need to transfer your old plate on your old car to a temp plate and have the RMS hold it. Then transfer it to your new car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)